The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme 2016-2017Bachelor 28.02.2016
Deadline: 16 March 2016
Open to: students from eligible countries
Scholarship: tuition fee, monthly stipend, accommodation, health insurance
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students; currently 41 sending partners are engaged in the programme.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor, master, one-tier master, doctoral and non-degree programmes (preparatory and specialisation courses). Both full time and part time study modes are available in case of bachelor, master, one-tier master and doctoral studies.
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. In the academic year 2016/2017 approximately 3000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
The Programme is managed by .
The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education. Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the sending partner.
For full time programmes, students can apply from the following sending partners: Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, China (including the Hudec scholarships), Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines, Russia, Serbia, Syria*, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine**, Uruguay, Vietnam, Yemen***
For part time programmes, students can apply from the following sending partners: Belarus, Cambodia, China (only Hudec applicants), Georgia, India, Iran, Japan, Korea, Laos, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Turkey, Vietnam
* There is a separate call for application for Syrian applicants,
**For applicants from Ukraine, the application deadline is extended to 1st April 2016.
***Only those Yemeni students can apply for the scholarship who are currently staying in Hungary.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships);
- Former Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (e.g. bachelor, master, doctoral).
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee;
- Monthly stipend:
- Non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 40,460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies;
- Doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, it is monthly HUF 100,000 (cca EUR 325) at present – for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies – but the legislation is to be changed, consequently the amount is expected to be raised.
- Dormitory place or a monthly contribution of HUF 30,000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period;
- Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance.
- Medical insurance:
How to apply?
In order to apply you should fill in the and upload all necessary documents. Deadline for applying is 16 March 2016.
For more information please visit .