International Youth Forum Seliger 2014Camps 20.03.2014
Social conflicts and political upheavals, environmental catastrophes and natural disasters, human rights violations and terrorism all show that our era of globalization is far from being one solely of prosperity or wealth.
Young people are most at risk, but also the most active in their communities. International Youth Forum Seliger 2013 can help unite active young people from all over the world, regardless of their social status, ethnic background, political views and religion.
The main goal of the Forum is to build an international community of young people based on the principles of peaceful coexistence, the promotion of personal and democratic liberties and recognition of cultural diversity.
To achieve this goal the organizers have set a number of objectives, including:
- empower global youth, by giving them a greater say in the globalizing world
- encourage young people to find solutions to global challenges: poverty, social conflict, environmental degradation
- foster cooperation among young people in social, political and economic life
- give participants real opportunities to put their leadership skills into practice
- help and support young people in team building and fundraising
- examine the main trends and tendencies in global business, science, culture, mass media, NGO communities
- offer young people the chance to meet and interact with highly qualified specialists ready to support them in turning their project ideas into reality
- help them embrace diversity in delivering practical projects
We believe in fostering an active social position among young people worldwide. Putting these objectives into practice will help strengthen social consciousness among young people internationally and also attain the Forum’s main goal.
Participants representing Russia pay a registration fee - 4000 rubles (payment can be made on site www.forumseliger.ru) and 1500 - the premium directly at Lake Seliger. If you do not break the rules of the Forum, by the end of the it the premium (1,500 rubles) will be returned to you. If you do not represent any Russian region you come on your own (or at the expense of the region / university / sponsor organization).
Youth Forum Seliger 2013 is an international and intercultural platform that features:
- Unique educational program
- Customized schedule: build your own study plan
- Present your own project
- Assistance and advice from experts to help turn your idea into reality
- Opportunity to promote your project and attract investors
- Find like-minded leaders among the international participants
- Comprehensive support to launch your project in Russia
- Network with leading figures in Russian business, politics and society
- Discover Russia’s cultural heritage
- Learn Russian, apply for a scholarship to study in Russia
- Understand more about different cultures
NOTE: the application deadline is 1th of June 2014! Make sure you've registered on time!
Before you start, please look through the Application Guidelines.
- First of all make sure you have enough time to fill in the form.
- You will need your passport number and issue dates.
- As you know we offer visa support for non-Russian citizens. For the majority of the countries the process of visa application and obtaining visa goes smooth. However in some cases we might need to ask you for additional information regarding your status. Although we will try to do our best to help you with getting the visa (there were no cases with visa rejection ever at the Forum) we encourage you to learn beforehand the least information on how to get Russian visa (for you to be 100% safe and sound).
- You will be asked to provide information about your education. We kindly ask you to write the full name of the university/college/school, etc. as it is written officially. Please be ready to provide valid website of your university/college/school, etc.
- The application form and the application rules require 2 essays on different topics given in the application form. Use no more than 300 words in the essay.
- Note that you will need to fill in ALL the fields. In case some fields cannot be filled in due to some reason, please, DO NOT put NO instead of leaving blank.