The Hansen Summer Institute 2015 in San Diego, CaliforniaCamps 13.10.2014
Deadline: 5 January, 2015 (for non-US applicants) / 16 February (for US applicants)
Open to: students who are under 25 years of age with at least 2 years of college/univ, proficient in English
Venue: 29 June – 20 July 2015 San Diego, California
The Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation is an international program that provides a unique University-based leadership experience and program in international cooperation. A primary goal of the program focuses on creating an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring common practical understanding of a more peaceful future.
To be considered eligible for attending the program you need to:
- Be under 25 years of age with at least two (2) years of college/university.
- Have an academic advisor verify, in writing, the candidate’s English proficiency;
- Have a valid international passport, with US visa, if necessary, by the time the program begins.
The Hansen Summer Institute will fund the trip to and from USA, accommodation, food, and other program costs. If selected, participants will only have to cover expenses for obtaining passport/ U.S. visa and pocket money.
It is a complex application so please make sure you preserve all the steps:
- Once you download the application – fill in the blanks on your computer, save it and then email the application to the Hansen Summer Institute once it is complete;
- and : Should be downloaded separately, emailed to your referees to be filled out and sent either back to you or directly to the Hansen Summer Institute. Please remember that these forms should be submitted with letters of recommendation that can be scanned & emailed, faxed or sent via regular mail;
- : If you choose not to use a digital signature, this form can be printed and signed where appropriate, and then scan it to submit it via email.
- : You do not need to submit an idea at this time however, all Hansen Fellows will participate in a two day social entrepreneurship workshop designed to inform Fellows about social entrepreneurship as a workable option for improving international economic development – a key ingredient for world peace.
Non-US based students can apply by 5 January, 2015 and US students by 16 February, 2015.
For additional information please visit the
Yasar University offers an exciting opportunity for international students who are looking for a fulfilling academic experience.