SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals 2015Camps 07.04.2015
The Swedish Institute invites young professionals to apply to the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), a training programme that will take place in June 2015 in cooperation between SI, Lund University and Malmö University.
The aim of the programme is to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration.
We welcome applications from policymakers, public servants and civil society workers in Belarus, Georgia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden and Ukraine. In 2015, SAYP will be held as two separate two-week intense training sessions with 30–36 participants each. The training sessions will be held at Lund University between 8 and 20 June, and at Malmö University between 15 and 26 June.
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance in the countries in the Baltic Sea region and the EU Eastern Partnership. At the same time the focus of SAYP is to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirement of a modern governance structure.
In the SAYP, the participants will be able to expand their own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges. The programme also includes possibilities to participate in follow-ups and thematic workshops afterwards, as fellows of the Swedish Institute alumni network – a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future. We invite you to apply for participation in a two-week intense training session held in Sweden at either Lund University or Malmö University.
The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals (up to 35 years old) already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration. Applicants may preferably work within financial management/control and audit services, but may also work in other parts of the administration. In 2015, we are focusing on young professionals from these groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
A general requirement for any applicant is a good command of English language (the degree of proficiency should be specified in the CV) and a relevant education, consisting of at least three years of previous studies.
Citizens of and may apply to SAYP. Young professionals employed in any of the above-mentioned countries but with a citizenship of another country in the Baltic Sea region are also qualified to apply. Young professionals currently not working in any of the eligible countries according to above, cannot apply.
Participation in the programme is offered free of charge and includes, meals, accommodation and travel expenses to Sweden.
It is only possible to take part in one of the two training sessions; however, applications may apply to both, stating their preferred course.
The application is made electronically, using the SI online application portal. You need to go through the following steps in order to apply for participation in SAYP 2015:
- Prepare your . Motivation letters in any other templates or formats are NOT valid. Make sure to read the questions in the Motivation Letter thoroughly and be specific and personal in your reasoning. Without exception, answers may not exceed the allowed number of characters (letters and spaces) for each question.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the of maximum 3 pages. A CV submitted in any other format than the Europass is NOT valid. Additional pages will be disregarded.
- Prepare a Remember that a letter of reference that is not signed is NOTvalid.
- Apply using and attach the necessary enclosures. The link to the application portal will be available on this page during theapplication period 27 March – 24 April 2015. Remember that an application that has not been submitted within this period will not be taken into consideration.