The international Summer School on CSR Management in Hamburg, GermanyCamps 19.12.2016
The international Summer School on CSR Management will take place in Hamburg, Germany from 31 July to 11 August 2017.
The HSBA Summer School designed to train you in the fields of business ethics and corporate social responsibility (CSR) and to stimulate a discourse about current and future goals, challenges and most importantly about the social and economic opportunities that correspond with responsible and sustainable business conduct.
The 4th HSBA Summer School on CSR Management – Corporate Social Responsibility in a Globalised World offers you a unique chance to discuss current issues and future trends in the field of business ethics with your peers from around the world as well as with high profile lecturers, key note speakers and business representatives.The Summer School is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with financial support of the Federal Foreign Office.
You will develop theoretical and analytical skills related to business ethics and CSR and you will get the chance to build a personal network of young talents and leading experts in this field. We maintain great relationships to many global businesses in Hamburg and to make your Summer School experience even more valuable, we have organised special company visits and presentations from companies such as Aurubis AG and Airbus Operations GmbH to name just some of them. These will give you an insight into the question how companies deal with aligning the pressures of the market with corporate social responsibility.
Confirmed Lectures and Business Experts for 2017:
- Prof. Dr. Kanji Tanimoto (Waseda University, Japan)
- Prof. Dr. Sarah Jastram (HSBA)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Prigge (HSBA)
- Dr. Norbert Taubken (Scholz & Friends Reputation)
- Kirsten Kück (Aurubis AG)
- Julia Bach (Airbus Operations GmbH)
- Bernhard Schwager (Robert Bosch GmbH)
If you would like to apply for the HSBA Summer School please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Language requirement: English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or TOEFL 90 points, IELTS 6.0, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English or equivalent, for instance, academic tutor’s statement of competence in English; in addition Skype interviews may also be conducted
- Studies: Bachelor or Master level with a focus on business administration (business/economics) or other related sciences such as sociology or political sciences. In exceptional cases (based on an individual assessment) PhD students will be allowed to participate in the summer school.
The Summer School fees are 1.150 €. We have scholarships of up to 100% available for international students!
All international participants receive a scholarship by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The scholarship consists of:
- 250 € as lump-sum for accomodation plus
- a variable mobility grant. The amount of the mobility grant depends on your country of residence and varies from 150 € for participants from Denmark to up to 2000 € for participants from Dominican Republic. To find out the specific mobility for your country have a look at our homepage.
- Additionally, HSBA offers few 100% scholarships to particularly gifted applicated who require financial assistance. Please, indicate in your application if you would like to apply for a 100% scholarship.
The Summer School fees include all lectures, the course materials, company visits as well as the official social programme.
The fees include:
- Tuition fees
- Company visits
- Cultural and social programme
- Library, computing facilities and Internet/wifi
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Enrolment at HSBA and certificate earned on the completion of the programme
The fees do not include:
- Travel costs for getting to Hamburg, Germany
- Extra travel outside of the programme
- Food and beverages (unless specified)
- Public transportation
To apply for the HSBA Summer School you will need to hand in the following documents:
- Application Form HSBA Summer School PDF
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Transcript of records
- Proof of English language requirement (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, other equivalent)
- Proof of current or final grade to be among top 30% of students of your study programme
Based on these documents the admission committee will then select the most suitable candidates. No more than 25 students will be admitted to the HSBA Summer School.
Please send your application to Zara Berberyan (E-Mail: Zara.Berberyan@hsba.de).The application deadline is the 28 April 2017. Late applications may also be accepted in exceptional cases.
Be aware that you will have to contact the relevant German representatives offices in order to determine whether you will need a visa. Also you will have to take care of your visa application.
Please also make sure that that your health insurance covers all HSBA Summer School activities in Germany. HSBA´s liability is restricted by the regulations made by the German law.