Call for Applications “Design Lab: Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism”Camps 07.03.2017
The Co-Opinion Network cordially invites applications for its event titled “Design Lab: Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism” that will be held on April 6th – 9th, 2017 at Soho House, Istanbul, Turkey, in collaboration with the Hollings Center for International Dialogue.
The general objective of this design lab program is to create workable and practical solutions to the problem of radicalization and violent extremism prevalent in the Middle East & North Africa. The aim is to come up with community-based approaches through collaboration among young professionals from different backgrounds and different countries in the region. The event will bring together 20 young professionals to design rights-based initiative prototypes / pilot programs in order to combat violent extremism in a design lab setting. They will also be trained in the P/CVE literature, to develop their capacities.
Selected collaboration projects at the end of the design lab will be supported with certain amount of seed-funding to be implemented on the ground. The designers of the selected collaboration projects will also be invited to a one-day pitching event that will be held on the 16th of June at Kadir Has University, Istanbul, Turkey to promote their projects to organizers, funders, and stakeholders from Turkish and regional social entrepreneurship ecosystems.
Co-Opinion is a non-partisan policy-oriented network that mobilizes more than 30 stakeholder institutions in 6 countries in the Middle East & North Africa to advocate youth policies in the region. The network is also a partner of the World Bank and UNDP Sustainable Development Solutions Network. The Permanent Secretariat of the Co-Opinion Network is based in Istanbul/Turkey and the executive committee consists of more than 50 volunteers and regional representatives. In addition, our advisory board consists of distinguished academics, diplomats, civil society leaders and intellectuals. Besides our annual events (Consultation Workshop & Annual Youth Summit) sponsored by established institutions, we aim to come up with policy proposals and ideas for projects that can be implemented on the field to empower young people in the region.
- The application is open to nationalities of the following countries: Turkey, Tunisia, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, and Morocco.
- Undergraduate and graduate students, activists and professionals, entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, researchers and journalists between the ages of 20-30 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English language fluency.
- The participants who attend all sessions will be qualified for certification.
- No participation fee will be charged for the participants.
- The costs of accommodation will be covered by the Co-Opinion Network only for the event participants from abroad for three nights, 6-8 April 2017.
- The costs of two lunches and one dinner will be covered for the participants.
- A partial travel funding (in the amount of 150 Euro) will be provided for the participants from abroad. Please kindly note that the visa fees are not covered and the task of applying for visa is the responsibility of the participants. The Co-Opinion Network will submit a Letter of Invitation to facilitate visa procedures.
The deadline for applications is 15th March Friday 23:59 (EEST). Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
For event-related inquiries, please consult Ms. Ayşe Dilara Arslan at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org