The international Summer School 2018 on CSR Management in Hamburg, GermanyCamps 16.11.2017
The international Summer School on CSR Management will take place in Hamburg, Germany from 02 to 13 July 2018.
The 5th HSBA Summer School on CSR Management – Corporate Social Responsibility in a Globalised World offers you a unique chance to discuss current issues and future trends in the field of business ethics with your peers from around the world as well as with high profile lecturers, key note speakers and business representatives.
You will develop theoretical and analytical skills related to business ethics and CSR and you will get the chance to build a personal network of young talents and leading experts in this field. We maintain great relationships to many global businesses in Hamburg and to make your Summer School experience even more valuable, we have organised special company visits and presentations from companies such as Otto GmbH and Henkel AG to name just some of them. These will give you an insight into the question how companies deal with aligning the pressures of the market with corporate social responsibility.
Next to the classroom sessions, a fun and inspiring extracurricular program is an integral part of your summer school experience in order to get to know the beautiful city of Hamburg and to make friends from all over the world.
If you would like to apply for the HSBA Summer School please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Language requirement: English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or TOEFL 90 points, IELTS 6.0, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English or equivalent, for instance, academic tutor’s statement of competence in English.
- Studies: Bachelor or Master level with a focus on business administration (business/economics) or other related sciences (social sciences, philosophy, politics or law). PhD students will be allowed to participate if they are in their first year of studies.
- Professionals: Participation possible if graduation no longer ago than 2 years.
The Summer School fees are 899 €.
The Summer School fees include all lectures, the course materials, company visits as well as the official social program.
The fees include:
- Tuition fees
- Company visits
- Cultural and social program
- Library, computing facilities and Internet/wifi
- Welcome reception and farewell dinner
- Enrolment at HSBA and certificate earned on the completion of the program
The fees do not include:
- Travel costs for getting to Hamburg, Germany
- Extra travel outside of the programme
- Food and beverages (unless specified)
- Public transportation
To apply for the HSBA Summer School you will need to hand in the following documents:
- Application Form HSBA Summer School PDF
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Transcript of records
- Proof of English language requirement (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, other equivalent)
- Proof of current or final grade to be among top 30% of students of your study programme
Based on these documents the admission committee will then select the most suitable candidates. No more than 25 students will be admitted to the HSBA Summer School.
Please send your application to Zara Berberyan (E-Mail: Zara.Berberyan@hsba.de).The application deadline is the 31 March 2018. Late applications may also be accepted in exceptional cases.
Be aware that you will have to contact the relevant German representatives offices in order to determine whether you will need a visa. Also you will have to take care of your visa application.
Please also make sure that that your health insurance covers all HSBA Summer School activities in Germany. HSBA´s liability is restricted by the regulations made by the German law.