Call for applications: OSCE Summer School 2019 in Vienna & BratislavaCamps 12.04.2019
Deadline: 15 May 2019
Open to: young people interested in international affairs from the OSCE area
Venue: 14 – 19 July 2019 in Vienna & Bratislava
To develop the next generation of peacebuilders, the OSCE Secretariat is organizing the OSCE Summer School for 20 young people from the South Caucasus and other OSCE regions interested in international affairs.
The goal of the Summer School is to promote cross-regional exchanges and build the professional skills of young political experts. During the Summer School, participants will take part in a series of briefings, courses and interactive workshops. They will learn about the OSCE and receive professional training courses on subjects such as mediation and diplomatic communication. Several cultural and social events will also be organized. Travel and living costs will be covered by the OSCE.
- University degree or Currently enrolled in a graduate programme (4th or 5th year of univeristy studies)
- Studies focusing on a subject relevant to the OSCE, such as international relations, political science, law, human rights, environmental security, etc.
- Strong interest in international affairs and peace studies
- Oral and written fluency in English (at least C1 level, or equivalent) and advanced knowledge of Russian (at least B2 level, or equivalent)
- Aged 27 or under
- Citizen of an OSCE participating State
Gender balance, cultural and geographic diversity, as well as diversity of experiences and backgrounds will be considered
Travel and living costs will be covered by the OSCE.
In 2019 in addition to the young people from the South Caucasus this application process is open to representatives from Austria, Italy, Turkey, Norway, Slovakia and from South-Eastern Europe. Applicants should send a CV, a one-page motivation letter and an essay in English on the topic “Promoting dialogue: a role for international organizations: analyse an example of your choice”” or “Youth and security: where can the OSCE contribute?” by 15 May 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. An award for the best essay will be given.
Successful applicants only will be contacted by 31 May.