Call for Applications: Global Politics Summer School Jordan 2019Camps 01.07.2019
Call for Applications: Global Politics Summer School Jordan 2019
Jordan, Lebanon and the EU: What are Their Sources of Stability in an Unruly World?
August 18-29, 2019, in Amman
(session period: August 19-28)
Jointly offered by the German-Jordanian University in Amman, and the Center for Global Politicsat Freie Universität Berlin.
The modules offered during this intensive short-term program will provide students with an insight into recent developments in the Middle East and the European Union. The modules will touch upon new approaches to global politics, the interplay between domestic politics and global politics and regional responses to political and social challenges. The exchange of views and ideas will include input from German and Jordanian as well as other academics and students from the region.
- Earn a joint certificate worth 4 ECTS credits from two renowned institutions
- Get engaged in political dialogue with peers from the MENA region and Europe
- Use the opportunity to participate socially and politically in a unique study program
- Take part in an enriching learning experience and extracurricular activities
- Find out how to enroll in further study or Ph.D. programs in Germany
- Make new contacts and join a vibrant international alumni network
- Good knowledge of and interest in global politics, excellent command of English
- Final year of undergraduate studies or first academic degree in Political Science, IR, Public Administration, Economics or a related field
- Letter of Motivation & Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- B.A. certificate or academic transcripts
- Very good knowledge of English; if available, please send in a proof of your knowledge, e.g. English Language Diploma (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent)
Apply online by July 4, 2019 via:
The tuition fee for the summer school amounts to 50 €. Waivers are available through Heinrich Boell Foundation (HBS). For more information, please view our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us directly.
Lydia Tetzner (Senior Program Manager)
Julia Dalhoff (Program Assistant)
Center for Global Politics, Freie Universität Berlin
This program is generously sponsored by DAAD with funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research as well as from the Heinrich Boell Foundation Palestine & Jordan.