Call for Applications for the Eastern European Academy for Social DemocracyCamps 10.07.2019
EIGHTH EASTERN EUROPEAN ACADEMY
FOR SOCIAL DEMOCRACY
Dialogue and qualification program for young leaders of progressive parties or social democratic youth organizations, young members of Parliaments or city councils, junior government officials, civic activists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS -
The Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe” of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung invites young progressive leaders aged 25-35 to apply for the 8th edition of the Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy, which will take place from 22nd until 28th of September 2019 in Germany (Berlin and surroundings).
The 8th Academy will focus on the issue of gender and equality in the Eastern Partnership Region and Russia. A gender-based approach has become of critical importance in policymaking and the economy in the post-Soviet space. However, the extent to which gender policies have been put on the political agenda varies within the EaP region tremendously. While some countries try to adopt laws and regulations to enhance equal rights, in other states “gender” has turned into a contested term, which allegedly threatens the political and traditional values. The organizers strive to promote a debate about the opportunities and challenges of equal rights based politics with a strong focus on political and economic participation. Furthermore, the seminar is meant to include a discussion of the core elements of a proper social and family policy.
During an intensive 6-day-program, participants will go through a carefully balanced program of discussions with top experts, politicians, and activists of gender issues from Germany and Eastern Europe. The participants will have the opportunity to develop their soft skills and to learn how to reach consensus in a politically diverse environment. Moreover, they are able to take part in the roundtable discussion “Germany and the Eastern Partnership after Ten Years” which will be organized in cooperation with the German Foreign Office.
Goals of the program:
- The Academy is primarily aimed at applicants who are committed to social democratic values and who are interested in strengthening the political dialogue between their nations and other countries of the region as well as the European Union.
- Besides promoting peaceful dialogue, mutual understanding, and the exchange of social democratic policies, the Academy offers participatory workshops on practical key competences and soft skills.
- The program will give deep insights into the political situation in the region and will provide an opportunity for high-level discussions with politicians and civil society activists.
- The Academy is based on a growing, sustainable network of Eastern European future leaders who are willing to facilitate dialogue among young, committed, and progressive participants who are open to new ideas and approaches.
- The Academy takes place several times a year in different countries with changing topics and workshops.
- During the past Academies, participants have mastered their soft skills in trainings such as: strategic planning, conflict-management and training of trainers (ToT) or participated in interactive formats such as simulations and scenario workshops.
- The working language of the program is English.
- All costs related to the program will be covered by the organizers.
- Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine.
- Between 25 and 35 years old.
- Fluency in English.
- Young leaders from progressive political parties or social democratic youth organizations; young members of Parliaments or city councils, junior government officials, and civic activists.
- Willingness to actively take part in Alumni activities, to constantly support a growing sustainable progressive network of like-minded people and to be involved in the organization of political programs in the respective home countries.
- Participants of the previous Academies are also welcome to apply.
- To apply, please fill in the application form and submit your CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (the application is completed only if both documents are submitted on time).
- The application deadline is July 28th at 6 pm (Kyiv time). Later applications will not be accepted or evaluated.
- The results will be announced on August 2nd. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a skype interview.
- The organization team aims to ensure gender balance of participants in the program.