Call for Applications for MiReKoc International Summer School 2019 in Istanbul, TurkeyCamps 09.03.2019
Deadline: 28 April 2019
Open to: graduate students (MA and PhD level) and junior experts working in the field
Venue: 30 June – 12 July 2019 at Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey
This year, Migration Research Center at Koç University (MiReKoc) collaborates with the Bright Futures Project Team (www.brightfutures-project.com) to organize the 9th MiReKoc International Summer School, which will be held between June 30 and July 12, 2019 at Koç University, Istanbulon the theme of cross-border highly-skilled and student migration.
With a multidisciplinary perspective, the International Summer School program will focus on theoretical, methodological and thematic aspects of highly skilled and student migration and will elaborate on the following questions: How to theorize these movements in relation to migrant selectivity? What are the directions and patterns of these movements? What are the drivers of these flows? What are the regulations, policies, and strategies of national governments, international organizations, companies, and universities regarding these movements? What are the outcomes and effects of these movements for individuals themselves, origin and destination countries?
The Summer School is designed for PhD and graduate students as well as junior experts in the field. The programme includes two weeks of lectures and discussion which will be led by a distinguished international faculty members and experts in the field. The participants will have the chance of sharing their research agendas and ideas with these scholars in an interactive environment.
MiReKoc Summer School only accepts graduate students (MA and PhD level) and junior experts working in the field.
This program is designed for graduate students and PhD candidates, early career researchers, policy analysts, NGO and international organization practitioners, as well as junior experts in the field. MiReKoc International Summer School does not only offer expanding the knowledge of its attendees in the field of high skilled and student migration, but also promises networking opportunities between the attendees and distinguished faculty to enhance both parties’ research agendas. Applications from all over the world are encouraged.
- The fee for the program is 1300 Euros (covers accommodation at Koç University, Istanbul and three meals a day). The participants are responsible for their travel to Istanbul and transportation to Koç University.
- For the participants who wish to self-arrange their accommodation in Istanbul, the fee is 650 Euros (covers lunch expenses during the program in Istanbul).
- All fee packages cover the expenses of course materials, field trips and social programs.
- A limited number of partial scholarships will be available for selected candidates. Applicants who wish to apply for a scholarship should indicate their choice in the relevant section of the application form with a short statement of their financial constraints. Please note that this is a non-profit program and the scholarships will be granted based on the availability of excess funds upon the completion of the application round.
- The fees for the students from the IMISCOE network will be reduced by 25%.
- A current résumé
- Proof of English: TOEFL and/or IELTS scores OR an official letter signed by relevant authority stating that the medium of education is English
- One reference letter from employer or professor (The letter can also be separately e-mailed by the referees)
- Written work sample: Published or unpublished article, book chapter, thesis chapter and/or report preferably on a related migration topic, if applicable
- A statement of purpose/motivation letter: A paragraph on how you will benefit from this summer school. Please clearly indicate your specific developmental needs (e.g., publishing, reviewing, collaborative research, career issues, getting your first job, methods, etc.).
- If you are interested in participating to the MiReKoc Academic Workshops to be held within the Summer School Program, please see below “MiReKoc Academic Workshops” and attach the required documents along with your application:
- Doctoral/academic program
- Dissertation/on-going research summary
Deadline for application is midnight GMT on 28 April 2019. The results will be announced in mid-May.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience technical difficulties with your application.
If you have any questions, check the or please write to: email@example.com.