The international Summer School 2020 on CSR Management in Hamburg, GermanyCamps 03.02.2020
Deadline: 31 March 2020
Open to: students from all over the world
Venue: 02 - 12 June 2020 in Hamburg, Germany
The HSBA Summer School on CSR Management – Corporate Social Responsibility in a Globalised World is designed to train you in the fields of business ethics, sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and to stimulate a discourse about current and future goals, challenges and most importantly about the social and economic opportunities that correspond with responsible and sustainable business conduct. It offers a unique chance to discuss current issues, future trends and new business models with your peers from around the world as well as with high profile lecturers, key note speakers and business representatives.
The summer school will take place from 2 - 12 June 2020.
- Meet Young Leaders of Sustainability (YLS) from all over the world
- Listen to lectures from renowned international scientists
- Connect with managers from leading businesses
- Conduct case studies and consultancy projects
- Enjoy social events and a great cultural programme
- Prof. Dr. Bettina Lange (University of Oxford)
- Prof. Dr. Barry Friedman (State University of New York at Oswego, USA)
- Prof. Dr. Sarah Jastram (HSBA)
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Prigge (HSBA)
- Zara Berberyan (HSBA)
- Andreas Streubig (HUGO BOSS AG)
- Jorg Erdmann (Hapag -Lloyd AG)
- Antonia Schmidt-Busse (VEEK)
- Ulrike Fröhling (Transparency International)
- Bernhard Schwager (Association of Environmental Professionals)
- Kirsten Kück (Aurubis AG)
If you would like to apply for the Summer School on CSR Management, please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Language requirements: English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or TOEFL 90 points, IELTS 6.0 Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English or equivalent, proof of Bachelor or Master studies where English was the language of instruction
- Studies: Bachelor or Master level with a focus on business administration (business/economics) or other related sciences (social sciences, philosophy, politics or law). PhD students will be allowed to participate only if they are in their first year of studies.
- Professionals: Participation possible if graduation no longer ago than 4 years.
- Grades: Above average grades in current or previous studies, shown by proof of university (among top 30% of students of your cohort).
Cost & Scholarships
The summer school tuition fees are 1.490 €. All applicants who apply before 15 February 2020 are eligible for a 50% early bird discount off the tuition fee.
The international applicants can apply for scholarships funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The scholarships include a lump sum for accommodation expenses of €500 as well as a flat rate allowance for travel expenses depending on the country of residence. For finding out your country-specific grant please refer to the downloads section of the website. In order to apply for the scholarship, please simply indicate your interest in your application email.
Be aware that you will have to contact the relevant German representatives offices in order to determine whether you will need a visa. Also you will have to take care of your visa application. For further information on visa requirements please visit here.
Please also make sure that that your health insurance covers all HSBA Summer School activities in Germany. HSBA´s liability is restricted by the regulations made by the German law.
The international applicants can apply for scholarships funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The scholarships include a lump sum for accommodation expenses of EUR 500 as well as a flat rate allowance for travel expenses depending on the country of residence. For finding out your country-specific grant please refer to the downloads section of the website.
In order to apply for the scholarship, please simply indicate your interest in your application email.
The summer school tuition fee is EUR 1,490. All applicants who apply before February 15, 2020 will be eligible for 50% early bird discount off the tuition fee.
To apply for the Summer School on CSR Management you will need to hand in the following documents:
- Application Form (see "Downloads" to your right)
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
- Diplomas, transcript of records
- Proof of English language requirement (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, proof from university)
- Proof of current or final grade to be among top 30% of students of your study programme (proven by examination Office, you may use the template provided by HSBA).
- For PhD students only: Confirmation of your supervisor that you are in the first year of your PhD studies, you may use the template provided by HSBA).
Please put together your application documents in one PDF document.
Based on these documents the admission committee will then select the most suitable candidates. No more than 25 students will be admitted to the HSBA Summer School.
Please send your application to Zara Berberyan until 31 March 2020.