IWPR Announces Call for Applications for the 4th CABAR.asia School of Analytics
The representative office of the “Institute for War and Peace Reporting in Central Asia “ (IWPR CA) announces the start of the Call for Applications for the 4th CABAR.asia School of Analytics for young researchers from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
The goal of the school is to gain and improve skills in developing analytical publications on relevant topics and issues raised in Central Asian countries. The special focus of the fourth school is Information Warfare.
The intensive program will include questions such as:
- How to write an analytical article;
- Which tools should be used for data visualization;
- How is artificial intelligence used in analytics?
- What kind of tools exist for processing and analyzing data;
- What effective strategies can be used for promoting analytical articles?
Besides the theoretical part, thematic meetings with practitioners in the field of political science, public administration, international relations, economics, and media will be organised. Prominent journalists and political experts from Europe, CIS, and Central Asia will be among the school trainers.
The Fourth School of Analytics will be held from 15 to 20 November 2021 in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The format is offline, yet it will be dependent on the epidemiological situation in Central Asian countries.
Working language – Russian. All costs associated with the program will be covered by IWPR CA.
A general overview of previous schools, as well as all additional information, can be found here: https://youngexperts.cabar.asia/
Requirements for the candidates:
- Age from 21 to 40 years old;
- Be citizens of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan;
- Having a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in social sciences (political science, international relations, economics, journalism) or other related fields;
- Work experience in government, international, non-profit organizations or media is desirable;
- Involvement in topics as well as research on problems of the Central Asian region;
- Experience in conducting analytical studies on issues related to Central Asia is considered as an asset;
- Ability to participate in the Program in November 2021.
- Selection priority is given to the young analysts.
The selection process of candidates will be done in two stages:
Stage I. In order to participate in the program, you need to fill out an online application, which includes:
- CV/Resume (no more than 1 page);
- Motivation letter (no more than 250 words, explaining your desire/motivation to participate in the program);
- Two topics for an analytical article with preliminary plans (no more than 1 page, plans should include the problem, relevance, brief structure, and conclusion with preliminary recommendations);
- Links to published analytical materials (if any);
Stage II. Interview (online, if necessary).
Selected candidates will be notified no later than October 20.
Required condition: the selected candidates must select the topic from those submitted in the application, submit the draft version of the future article before starting the School and finalize the draft during/after the School. An important requirement for participation in the School is a publication of at least one analytical article at the https://www.cabar.asia/ portal.
For everyone’s safety, it is advised to be vaccinated. Participants will be required to have vaccination passports or up-to-date PCR test results for Covid-19.
Application deadline: October 3, 2021 23:59 (GMT +6)
For more information, please contact cell: +996 552 322815, Telegram: +7 988 365 81 68 or email: email@example.com.
Alumni of the School of Analytics will have a unique opportunity to get published at the https://www.cabar.asia/ platform, partner websites and media outlets, participate in the regular expert meetings and conferences.