Call for Applications: The One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, GermanyConferences 03.03.2020
One Young World, the global forum for young leaders, has announced Munich as the host city for its global Summit in 2020.
The Summit will take place from October 14th – 17th 2020, where over 1,800 young leaders from more than 190 countries will gather across the city’s well-known venues, including the Olympiapark, Olympiahalle, and The Residenz.
One Young World’s arrival in Munich represents a significant moment for the Bavarian capital, renowned for its architecture and culture. Munich has become a major international center for business, technology, engineering, research, and medicine. It is home to several universities and is the headquarters for many multinational companies and world-class technology and science centers.
Since its launch in 2009, One Young World has built a network of over 9,000 Ambassadors – young leaders whose work projects have positively impacted 17.5 million people worldwide.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking, and workshops. All delegates have the opportunity to apply to give keynote speeches, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance. As well as listening to keynote speakers, delegates have the opportunity to challenge world leaders, interact and be mentored by influencers. Delegates make lasting connections throughout the Summit, celebrating their participation at social events and the unforgettable Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
A person can attend One Young World Summit through:
- Attend with a partner organization.
- Attend independently
- Attend on a scholarship: A range of scholarships are available to enable individuals who are not supported by partners to participate in the Summit. If the candidate is selected for one of the scholarship places, he/she will not need to pay a fee to attend the Summit.
- Ambassadors are eligible to attend each One Young World Summit as a Returning Ambassador for a discounted fee
One Young World will provide confirmed delegates who require visas with letters of invitation in order to support their visa applications. One Young World cannot guarantee any delegate that their visa application will be successful.
If selected, the candidates will be provided with the following benefits.
- Full access to the Summit,
- Catering during the Summit days, accommodation (shared, private or no accommodation – depending on the chosen package)
- Ground transport between Summit venues.
Also, one will get
- Unparalleled international networking opportunity with the most outstanding young people from around the world
- Opportunity to learn effective employee retention strategy
- Proven talent development platform where delegates often lead to incredible discoveries of talent
- Partners sending delegates will have some benefits and it will vary with the number of delegates
The applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30 at the time of the Summit
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate the capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
Delegates can join the summit through the following process:
- Open a profile in one young world
- Click on the ‘submit booking’ and proceed to the payment
- A delegate can also find an organization, or individual to sponsor them
For more information: WEBSITE