Call for Applications for the Young Forum GasteinConferences 31.03.2021
The Young Forum Gastein (YFG) programme was initiated in 2007 to enable promising young health professionals to attend the annual European Health Forum Gastein (EHFG) and become a part of an inspiring network which now includes over 500 members (Young Gasteiners) working in public and private sectors, civil society, and science & academia. Participation in the YFG network introduces young experts to the EHFG community and the European public health scene in general. It also offers a unique opportunity for the Young Gasteiners to actively contribute to the annual EHFG conference as authors of session reports or blog posts, moderators or rapporteurs, and get involved in discussions on the current challenges and developments in health in Europe and beyond.
In 2021, the EHFG conference will consist of a full week of digital sessions and networking opportunities and hence, also the Young Forum Gastein will apply an interactive and engaging digital format for this year’s cohort. The YFG programme will start with a kick-off evening event in early September and will continue throughout the EHFG conference week from 27 September to 1 October 2021.
From the public sector, science & academia and civil society
EHFG offers a number of YFG scholarships to attend the 24th EHFG for professionals from public sector, science & academia and civil society organisations. The scholarship covers the conference registration fee and participation in the tailor-made YFG programme 2021.
From the private sector
If you are working in the private sector, please note that your employer is asked to provide a contribution to the scholarship costs and network activities throughout the year if your application is successful. A confirmation that your employer will cover the respective contribution of €1000 should be submitted in the application with other required documents. This fee will contribute to covering costs for the facilitation of the programme.
- Citizenship of one of the countries of the WHO European Region
- Age up to the 35th birthday on 27 September 2021
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Hold a Master´s degree in a health-related subject
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of public health/ health services/ health policy
By applying for the YFG programme the applicant confirms her/his availability to undertake an active role before and during the conference. This is a pre-condition for being accepted into the programme. Activities may include reporting on the event, contributing to the conference web-blog, conducting interviews, supporting interactive sessions, participation in panel discussions, acting as rapporteur for a session, etc.
The YFG programme at #EHFG2021 commences with an evening kick-off session in early September and continues on Monday 27th September 2021. The conference programme and YFG activities will take place up to and including the afternoon of Friday, 1st October.
The scholarship application consists of two parts:
1. Questionnaire: Please fill in this Google Forms questionnaire.
2. Submitting the following documents (please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of ‘First & Last Name_YFG Application’ of the email by Monday, 26 April 2021, 23:59 CET):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English (i.e. native speaker, OR a formal certificate/qualification demonstrating proficiency in English OR proof of publications or other written work in English OR employer confirmation of your English ability and regular use of English in your day to day work). If you have participated in the YFG programme before, you do not have to provide this document again.
- Passport scan (for newcomers only)
- Letter of Support (a short letter from your manager/supervisor on your organisation´s official paper) confirming that:
- Your manager/supervisor supports your application, and if you are selected your organisation will grant your participation in the entire YFG programme and the EHFG conference from 27 September to 1 October 2021.
- If you are employed by the private sector, please also include a letter confirming that your employer has agreed to cover the scholarship contribution of € 1,000 if selected.
Please note that only full applications submitted by the deadline of 26 April, 23:59 CET, will be considered and will be examined according to the criteria mentioned above. A balanced participation from across countries/regions and professional sectors will be considered.
All applicants will be notified on the outcome of the selection process by mid-June 2021.
GET IN TOUCH
If you are submitting your application, wish to apply but still have some questions or if you would like to know more about the Young Forum Gastein Network, please contact:
📢The #YFG2021 call for applications is officially open!— Edu-active.com (@EduActiveCom) March 31, 2021
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the #YFG network, actively contribute to the #EHFG2021 & engage with the European #publichealth community.
Apply now! https://t.co/w11GVg2SWG pic.twitter.com/pkaak847GH