Call For Applications: The Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2022
Who can apply? Young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa, who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields; who want to contribute to shaping the regional and global agenda in politics, finance, business, civil society, and many other areas; who are eager to network with their peers and older; and who seek to foster and strengthen ties across the Atlantic .
The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the 11th edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sectors leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues.
As we believe that it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders in policy-making and in shaping narratives, PCNS encourages intergenerational dialogue during the conference and beyond, between leading experts, senior officials, and high-potential change-makers, through its Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program (ADEL).
The ADEL program is PCNS’s flagship young professionals program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 30 to 50young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. These rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities, and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general. In 2022, 30 young professionals will be selected to participate in the 2022 Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program.
The ADEL program will be held from December 11-14, 2022 in Marrakech, Morocco. The Emerging Leaders will then join the Atlantic Dialogues Conference from December 14th to 16th.
The Call for Applications will be open from Friday May 13th to Friday July 15th 2022.
To be considered for this program, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be between the ages of twenty-five and thirty-five (included) on May 13th, the day the applications for the program open.
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Europe or the Caribbean – citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin will be given priority. Also eligible are applicants who are citizens from other countries who have residency in countries of the regions listed above.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English in their personal statement and short video.
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 11th to 16th, in Marrakesh, Morocco. Please only apply if you can make yourself available.
Interested applicants must submit an online application form . This form should include the following materials by Friday July 15th at 11:59 pm Moroccan time (GMT+1):
- A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions to and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
- The link to a one minute Youtube video addressing the following:
- Introduce yourself
- What drives you in the work that you do?
- What impact are you having? (in your organization, community...)
* You will have to upload/record a Youtube video that will only be visible by recipients of the link * All documents submitted must be written in English.
* Please make sure you start your application early as the PCNS will not be responsible for technical issues that prevent you from submitting your application on time.
* Kindly note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline. There will be no exceptions made.
* Only complete applications will be accepted.
A selection committee will review the applications and will respond up to 2- months post deadline. Please note that selection will be conducted on a competitive basis.
- The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
- Professional achievement and professional growth
- Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in community and/or profession
- Interest in issues affecting Wider Atlantic Relations
- Commitment to global, Atlantic and/or local engagement
- Ability to contribute to the Atlantic Dialogues and Emerging Leaders networks
- Ability to clearly express ideas (assessed through personal statement and a short video)
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS:
- Emerging Leaders are required to attend the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program and Atlantic Dialogues conference. Therefore, participants should be able and willing to travel to Marrakesh, Morocco to attend the convening from December 11th to 16th 2022; departure is planned for December 17th.
- Emerging Leaders are required to take part in ALL of the conference and program activities and willing to actively engage with the other participants;
- Emerging Leaders are committed to act as ambassadors of the program and actively participate in the ADEL community following the end of the program;
- As active stewards of the program, Emerging Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Policy Center for the New South post-event to evaluate and refine the program for future cohorts.
FIND OUT WHAT ADEL ALUMNI ARE SAYING ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
LOGISTICS AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
For the 30 selected participants, the PCNS will cover economy class airfare to and from Morocco. In addition, local transportation, catering, and hotel accommodation during the dates of the program and conference will be covered by the conference organizers.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please consult the ADEL webpage and FAQs before sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org