Win a 3-year PhD Thesis in Paris Funded up to 100K€Contests 10.03.2019
Deadline: 21 May 2019 at 11:59 pm [CET]
Open to: Individuals aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity and any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity, who (i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or (ii) has recently graduated from a post-secondary institution less than 2 years before the current academic year, with a student card as verification
Prize: winner will receive funding for research into optimising sports performance to be carried out in Paris with Paris Saint-Germain and École Polytechnique (PhD- or post-doctoral-level) totalling 100,000 euros.
Love science and sports? Use both your passions to help a football club!
To revolutionise football using your science skills: analyse a data set based on French football championship matches and prove that science can help improve sports performance. For the first time, one of the world's greatest sports teams (Paris Saint-Germain) and one of the world's most prestigious universities (École Polytechnique) are joining forces to give you the opportunity to enter a competition with unique scientific impact in the field of sports. Take on this ground-breaking challenge and get yourself noticed by professional analysts!
As the challenge only aims to discover talent, you retain all intellectual property rights for your work.
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Students. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity, who (i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or (ii) has recently graduated from a post-secondary institution less than 2 years before the current academic year, with a student card as verification. Each Student may only participate once in each Challenge. If the participant is a minor, he/she must provide this authorizationsigned by a parent or guardian.
- Individual Participants. Individuals aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity at the time of registration. Each Individual Participant may only participate once in each Challenge.
All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility may be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, student card etc.).
This Challenge is not open to employees and representatives of the Sponsors and Agorize and the members of their families.
This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
The prizes are awarded to the winners of the Challenge and are subject to compliance with the following cumulative conditions:
- The Deliverables comply with Section 6 (“Deliverables”);
- Each Participant of a winning project, complies with Sections 9 and 11;
- It can be proven that the winning Participants fulfil the conditions of eligibility of Section 4.
No prize will be awarded to winners who do not fulfil the above.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, once confirmed by Sponsor, the winner(s) will receive the following:
- A grant awarded to the first place: 3 years of research funding from Paris Saint-Germain and Polytechnique in Paris, such as a thesis or post-doctoral fellowship (worth €100,000 including tax).
- A prize awarded to the first five places: The five finalists will present their results to analysts from the best European clubs at the Striving for Excellence conference in the Parc des Princes. The finalists will receive extensive media coverage and signed jerseys will be given to them by the coach of Paris Saint-Germain (worth 85 euros each including VAT).
- An endowment allocated to the Participants ranked 6th to 11Th: Personalised and signed jerseys (with a unit value of 85 euros including VAT).
- An endowment awarded to the 50 best participants of the challenge: A ranking published on the social networks of Paris Saint-Germain.
- An endowment awarded to the best schools in the challenge: A ranking of the best schools published on the social networks of Paris Saint-Germain.
No assignment or transfer of prizes is allowed by a winner. If a potential winner cannot be reached, is unable to accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes after being awarded to winners. Winners will accept the prize “as it is”. Sponsor disclaims any warranty regarding the Prizes.
In the event a Participant (a winner) cannot be reached, by email or by phone, for more than three (3) months after the first attempt to reach them was made, he/she will be deemed as having waived their right to claim the prize and will not be entitled to any prize or any kind of compensation.
If the prize as initially planned is unavailable, Sponsor will be free to substitute another prize of similar value. Any such decision is at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any Participant who does not fulfil the conditions of Participation as provided in the Rules during their registration and/or at any time during the Challenge will be summarily disqualified from the Challenge without prior notice and will not be entitled to any prize. In the event that a prize is awarded to a Participant who does not meet the conditions of Participation when registering or throughout the duration of the Challenge, Sponsor reserves the right to require the Participant to return the awarded prize.
This Challenge begins the on 4 March 2019 at 12.00pm [CET] and ends on 21 May 2019 at 11:59pm [CET]. The Challenge will be accessible 24 hours a day on the dedicated Challenge website operated by Agorize at [www.agorize.com/xpsg] (“the Challenge website”), subject to possible IT maintenance operations. Dates and times in these Rules refer to Central European Time (CET).
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, check the or please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.