Call for Applications: 2020 WISE Accelerator ProgramContests 07.04.2020
Deadline: 20 April 2020 at 16:00 GMT
About the WISE Accelerator
We help founders from around the world to build and scale innovative edtech solutions that will positively impact learning and the future of work. Founders who are admitted in our one-year program will grow their edtech venture with the support of a community of edtech founders, investors, educators and other education stakeholders from around the world. We provide coaching, mentorship, participation in WISE international events and a vast network of potential partners, donors and investors in the field of education.
Who can apply for the WISE Accelerator?
Initiatives addressing education challenges through the use and/or design of technology in all sectors and regions are welcome to apply. Initiatives in this particular field may tackle education challenges in early childhood education, K-12, higher education or the future of work.
Applicants must meet the below requirements:
- An education technology venture established for at least one year;
- Existing beneficiaries or customers;
- A product beyond Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage
- Existing revenues;
- A dedicated team
How does the selection process work?
A Committee composed of leading experts in education and entrepreneurship will support the WISE Accelerator team in the selection process. The selected initiatives will be announced and join the WISE Accelerator in September 2020.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
The WISE team will assess the team’s ability to execute and deliver on its vision.
The WISE team will assess how well the solution developed by the initiative addresses the problem that the initiative aims to solve.
The WISE team will assess how innovative is the solution developed by the initiative in light of solutions developed worldwide in the edtech sector.
The educational impact
The WISE team will assess the potential of the educational impact that the initiative may have as it scales up
The WISE team will take into consideration the growth potential of the edtech market where the initiative operates
What are the application requirements?
Applications must satisfy the following requirements:
- All applicants must complete, in English, the official online application form fully.
- All applicants must submit a short 3 minutes video pitch by submitting a YouTube link. During the pitch, they must explain their edtech solution, the problem they are tackling, who their beneficiaries are, their traction so far and why they are applying for the WISE Accelerator.
- All applicants must provide a link to a product demo via a YouTube link or log-in information for the WISE team to assess the product developed by the applicant.
- The WISE team will invite shortlisted applicants to take part in an interview.