Call for Applications: One Young World Politician of the Year Award 2020 in MunichContests 07.04.2020
Deadline: 18 April 2020
Applications are open for Fully Funded One Young World Politician of the Year Award 2020. Interested candidates can apply for the competition until 18th April 2020.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact.Furthermore, influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures will mentor delegates from 190+ countries
- The One Young World Politician of the Year Award was created to recognize the most promising young politicians between the ages of 18-35 from around the world.
- The organizers choose the winners based on the impact they are having in their home countries and how they have used their position to benefit young people specifically.
- Additionally, it is the first global award recognizing the work of young politicians and was launched to counter the low level of youth engagement in politics.
- Furthermore, one can apply for himself/herself or he/she can nominate a person he/she knows who has created a considerable impact in this field of work.
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Additionally, hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Also, catering, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Furthermore, transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
The candidates should meet the given criteria for Fully Funded One Young World Politician of the Year Award 2020
- They should be between 18 and 35 years old
- Additionally, they should hold/have held elected or appointed office at any political level (local, national or supranational)
- Furthermore, the applicants should have had a tangible and material impact on young people in their communities
- Likewise, they should have acted to highlight the importance of political participation as a way to effect positive change.
For more information website