Call for Applications: Namur Again Awards Prizes for Best ThesesContests 14.04.2020
Deadline: 30 July 2020
Leverkusen/Germany – Developing and implementing efficient process automation methods requires a deepened knowledge of automation technology and process engineering. To increase the attraction of this forward-looking interdisciplinary field and encourage young scientists to delve into this line of work, Namur awards prizes for the best diploma/master’s thesis and the best doctoral thesis. Again, Namur will also recognize the chair holder who tutored the prize-winning thesis.
Chair holders in the following specialised fields are invited to submit applications for best thesis:
- automation engineering,
- control engineering,
- electrical engineering,
- process control technology,
- metrology including on-line analysis,
- process-related information technology.
- € 2,000 for the winning diploma/master’s thesis
- € 3,000 for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation
- € 3,000 for the winning doctoral thesis
- € 5,000 € for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation
The application should consist of the following documents:
- informal application by the chair holder plus recommendation,
- comprehensive abstract for short-listing (motivation, key messages/results of the thesis, 3,000 words max., 20 per cent max. figures and formulae, major sources),
- diploma/master’s thesis or doctoral thesis,
- optional: related publications.