Call for Applications: COVID-19 Collective Innovation Challenge 2020Contests 03.05.2020
Collective Foundation believes in the power of bringing people together to tackle critical social issues. As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, vulnerable communities urgently need support. This is why they are challenging you to think of innovative ideas that can support communities that are significantly affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
The Collective Innovation Challenge is an online program and community to support you in developing ideas to help isolated older people, young people with disadvantaged backgrounds, and people who experience homelessness. If you want to make a difference to these groups, sign up now.
How to get involved
STAGE 1: Choose a challenge
Explore different innovation challenges that their partners have created on their online platform. Read their research briefs to get a better understanding of the problems. Choose a challenge that excites you and aligns with your skills and interests. The online platform launches in early May. When you sign up to join the community, you will get an e-mail when the platform and challenges are live.
STAGE 2: Join the community
Sign up to join their community and you will receive an invitation to join their private Slack channel. Find other socially driven people with whom you can collaborate on the challenges. Discuss your ideas with each other. Create or join your dream team.
STAGE 3: Develop your idea
Work together with your team in a short timeframe to develop your idea. Participate in online sessions with their Challenge partners to get a better understanding of their needs and receive feedback.
STAGE 4: Present your idea
Share your idea with everyone on their online platform. The most promising ideas will be selected by the organization that hosts the challenge and brought to life in collaboration with them.
The First challenges will run for a minimum of 4 weeks, which means the first ideas will be selected at the end of May.
- Joining the Innovation Challenge will increase the chance of success for your idea. Once you sign up, you will get access to their online platforms where you can share your ideas, find team members, or join other teams.
- You can read their research briefs to get a better understanding of the problems that the groups focus on the face.
- You will be supported throughout the idea development process by their mentors.
- You will also get access to their educational content, their network of partners, and feedback sessions with frontline experts who can validate your idea.
- By the end of each challenge, the most promising ideas will be selected to be brought to life with their partners. Depending on the challenge you participate in, this means funding, ongoing coaching, and/or access to their network.
- If you don’t have an idea and simply want to donate your skills, you can join projects from other people in the community.
- Anyone who wants to contribute their skills is welcome to take part. Whether you have experience in tech, UX, business, project management, the charity sector, or the creative arts, there is no limit to what they can achieve if they bring their strengths together.
- That said, they actively encourage people who have personal or professional experience working with organizations in their Focus Areas to apply.
- You can be from anywhere in the world to participate. However, as they are the London-based Foundation, they exclusively work with organizations in the UK for the time being.
- They do believe that to a large extent, challenges in the UK are also relevant in other geographical contexts. They hope that the solutions that come out of the challenges will inspire a positive impact in and outside of the UK.
For more information website