Students Essay Competition on International Humanitarian LawContests 21.12.2022
Open to:Students and newly graduates (max 12 months after graduation)
Deadline:31 January, 2023
Delegation of the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) in the Republic of Azerbaijan announces on the occasion of the 30 years Anniversary of the ICRC in Azerbaijanthe Student Essay Competition on the topics ofInternational Humanitarian Law and Protection of Environment in Time of Armed Conflict” and “International Humanitarian Law in Action – Focusing on the needs of Protected Persons”.
The competition is open to all students of the universities in Azerbaijan, as well as recent graduates (up to 12 months following the graduation).
All participants will be awarded with a certificate of participation. Authors of the top 3 essays will be granted a certificate and valuable electronic gifts.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Essays should be written in one of the presented topics;
- Essays should be written in Azerbaijani or English;
- Format requirements: essays must be presented in the MS Word (.doc or .docx) or the PDF (.pdf) format; font - Arial; font size - 12; spacing – 1.15; number of words per essay - between 2,000 and 4,000 (ca. 5 to 7 pages, A4 format);
- Only one entry per applicant can be submitted;
- The essay shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the CV and information containing contact details, such as the phone number, email address and correspondence address of the applicant.
- Important: subject line of the e-mail should contain “Essay Competition”
- The deadline for submission is January 31, 2023.
The winners will be announced on the week of February 13, 2022.