Call for Applications: Young African Leaders Initiative 2020Events 15.04.2020
Deadline: 1 May 2020
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The need to invest in grooming strong, results-oriented leaders comes out of the statistics: nearly 1 in 3 Africans are between the ages of 10 and 24, and approximately 60% of Africa’s total population is below the age of 35.
- Create critical thinkers.
- Solve complex and multidisciplinary problems.
- Foster entrepreneurial thinking.
- Innovative use of information, knowledge, and opportunities.
- Encourage communication and multicultural collaboration.
- Create awareness of contemporary African issues.
- A proven record of leadership in public service, business, and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement. They can be new entrants in public and private service institutions looking to develop their leadership abilities.
- Proven record of knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
- Proven record of active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- Selected participants applying for the contact session must be willing to travel to the RLC SA in Midrand, Johannesburg or Maputo for the duration of the program.
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
- Age (18-35)
- English language proficiency.
- Portuguese speaking participants will be accommodated in the Mozambique Hub at UEM.
- A commitment to positively impact Africa, their own countries as well as communities.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and interest in Public Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Civic Leadership
- Commitment to serve the development agenda of the African continent.
Young leaders from the following countries are eligible to participate in the Young African Leaders Initiative program: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Kingdom of Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe
For more information website