Call for Applications: Summer School in Languages and Linguistics in LeidenEvents 21.02.2020
The Leiden Summer School in Languages and Linguistics offers a varied program of specialised courses in Descriptive linguistics, in Chinese, Germanic, Indo-European, Indian, Iranian, Semitic languages and linguistics, as well as a number of introductory linguistic courses. During these two weeks of intense learning, you will be able to deepen and broaden your knowledge, at the same time enjoying the company of linguistics students and enthusiasts from all over the world.
All courses are taught in English, which means that good knowledge of the English language is a basic requirement. Only the course on Russian literature is taught in Russian.
Active participation in a course stands for 2 ECTS. At the end of the Summer School, every participant will receive a certificate, which will indicate the courses followed and the amount of awarded ECTS credits. In order to get 5 ECTS credits (in total per course), participants can ask their teacher for an extra take-home examination, which will then be corrected and graded after the Summer School. If the student passes, he/she will receive a new certificate with the extra three ECTS from the organisation.
The preliminary program 2020.
The fees for participation are as follows:
- €690,- for 4 courses / timeslots
- €570,- for 3 courses / timeslots
- €420,- for 2 courses / timeslots
- €260,- for 1 course / timeslot
There is a special rate for registered BA/MA/PhD students (outside Leiden), who pay
- €630,- for 4 courses / timeslots
- €530,- for 3 courses / timeslots
- €380,- for 2 courses / timeslots
- €220,- for 1 course / timeslot
BA/MA/PhD students, registered in Leiden, pay
- €430,- for 4 courses / timeslots
- €350,- for 3 courses / timeslots
- €260,- for 2 courses / timeslots
- €160,- for 1 course / timeslot
If you have already paid the tuition fee, but are no longer able to attend the Summer School, please contact the organisers as soon as possible.
Refund deadlines: TBA
* Please note that for a refund we will ask you to pay €30,- administration costs. Refunds will be issued no earlier than September.
Application is HERE
For more information WEBSITE