Call for Applications: LAC GalleryEvents 29.02.2020
Deadline: 13 March 2020; 5pm
The Living Arts Centre (LAC) Gallery is currently accepting exhibition proposals for our 2020-2021 season which runs from September 1, 2020, to August 31, 2021. Exhibitions typically run from 5 to 7 weeks.
Our Gallery hosts contemporary art and craft exhibitions with a focus on emerging and mid-career artists from Mississauga and surrounding regions. The exhibition program seeks submissions from diverse practices including works in; 2D, 3D, interdisciplinary, digital, interactive, and time- based media.
The Curator accepts submissions from collectives, arts organizations or groups of three or more artists with a realized exhibition concept. Exhibition proposals should be contemporary relevant and speak to a wide range of audiences.
Exhibition proposals must include:
- Exhibition description (400 words max.)
- Artist statements (200 words max. for each artist)
- Organization Profile (if applicable) (250 words)
- List of participating artists
- Artist CVs for each participant
- 10 digital images of proposed or representative works (jpeg only). Maximum 150KB per image
- Time-based work should be submitted via the Internet
- Image list indicating artist name, title, medium, date, brief description
The LAC provides exhibitors with the following services for a nominal fee of $500 + HST.
This fee includes:
- Curatorial guidance regarding; art selection/ design, thematic clarification, and exhibition descriptions
- Complete exhibition services; including installation, lighting, and deinstallation
- Advertising including invitation design, printing and distribution in print and digital
- Press Release production/ distribution and social media posts
- Gallery supervision from attendants during gallery hours
- Insurance of works while on site
- Reception logistics/ promotion
Please send proposals by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org