Call for Applications: New Art Exchange 2020Events 29.02.2020
Deadline: 19 April 2020
New Art Exchange (NAE) is a contemporary arts space in Nottingham that celebrates the region's cultural richness and diversity. It is the largest gallery in the UK dedicated to culturally diverse contemporary visual arts.
The NAE Open creates an open platform for artists to apply and exhibit their work. A key aim of the show is to platform and raise the profile of the selected artists. Beyond the public exhibition itself, which will be held across NAE’s Main Gallery and Mezzanine Gallery, artists selected for the show will also be in the running for a range of prizes including future exhibitions, cash awards and developmental opportunities.
The NAE Open selection panel comprises of respected artists, curators and producers from a range of backgrounds and locations. The panel view each application and select what they feel to be the most accomplished and important artworks for the exhibition. The panel also select the judges prize. There is opportunity for selected artists and the panel to network together through a private networking day and the
two public events associated with the NAE Open.
Given NAE’s key priorities in supporting both culturally diverse and local talent, the exhibition is open to applications from:
• Artists living in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire (of all ethnicities and cultural backgrounds)
• and, artists of culturally diverse heritage living anywhere in the UK.
• and, artists exploring diversity within their practice living anywhere in the UK.
For artists submitting as a collective, a minimum of one member of the collective must fulfil the entry requirements. Artists who have exhibited at NAE in the past (either through the NAE Open or through other NAE exhibitions) are very welcome to apply again. However, please do not apply with an artwork previously exhibited at NAE.
The NAE Open intends to present a snapshot of contemporary fine art practice. We therefore accept work which has been made in the last five years only: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
We accept submission for fine art mediums only, including live art
1. Read the full Terms & Conditions and Guidance Notes here
2. Decide on the artwork you are going to submit - one submission per artist only.
3. Submissions must be made under medium type. Select the category which best matches the medium you are submitting. This will then take to you the correct application portal.
For more information WEBSITE