Call for Applications: Feature Documentary DevelopmentEvents 02.03.2020
Northern Ireland Screen intends to provide funding through the Screen Fund to develop feature documentaries that will deliver unique visions and voices on universal stories from Northern Ireland resident filmmakers.
Northern Ireland based production companies can apply for up to a maximum of £7,500 based on a budget of £10,000.
Key terms of the Feature Documentary Call:
- There is no prescribed duration. Northern Ireland Screen will consider a broadcast hour, feature length projects and may, if the rational is compelling, consider two-parters or mini-series. Nothing will be automatically excluded on duration.
- This is a development call; projects that are already in production are not eligible.
- Successful applicants are expected to deliver a taster tape at the end of the development period.
- The intention is for supported projects to submit completed taster tapes to Hot Docs, IDFA and other leading documentary festivals.
Projects that can demonstrate serious interest from a national or international broadcaster or sales agent. Priority will be given to projects that have international distribution interest rather than projects picked up for only the UK and Ireland.
Key assessment criteria:
The quality of the proposed story and treatment.
The quality of the director’s previous film(s).
The track record of the creative team.
The level of interest from potential international distribution partners and the potential international appeal of the project.
Pre-application meetings with Head of Production, Andrew Reid are strongly encouraged, as is early application. To arrange a pre-application meeting or to request a link to the online application form please email Acting Funding Executive, Nico McClean by email email@example.com, or call 028 90 232 444.
All applicants must complete an online application form. Please ensure that all supporting documentation is submitted either online with your application or via email to Nico. Failure to provide the requested supporting documentation will result in your application being eliminated from the feature documentary development call.
In addition to the general required supporting documentation as listed on the online application applicants should submit:
- A one page synopsis of the project
- A treatment submitted electronically that includes:
- Names of confirmed contributors that are attached to the project
- A letter of serious interest from a national or international broadcaster or sales agent if applicable. Please note that priority will be given to projects that can demonstrate serious interest from a national or international broadcaster or sales agent.
- Letters from broadcasters should reference the project, potential audience, potential channel and if applicable the specific strand that the project would fit within;
- Letters from sales agents should reference the project, details of potential sales and key territories.
For more information WEBSITE