TED Global Fellowship ProgramFellowship 06.06.2013
: 21 June 2013
: applicants age 21-40 from Africa, Asia/Pacific, the Caribbean, Latin America, and the Middle East, although anyone over the age 18 from around the world is welcome to apply
: attendance at one or more TED or TEDGlobal Conference with all expenses paid (conference, travel, room and board), plus further professional development opportunities
The TED Fellows program is designed to bring together young world-changers and trailblazers who have shown unusual accomplishment and exceptional courage. The program targets individuals from the Asia/Pacific region, Africa, the Caribbean, Latin America and the Middle East, though anyone from anywhere in the world, age 18 and over, is welcome to apply. Forty Fellows will be recruited each year. Of those Fellows, roughly 10 will be selected for the extended, two-year Senior Fellows program.
- Attendance to one TED or TEDGlobal Conference with all expenses paid (conference, travel, room and board)
- Participation in Fellows pre-conference activities
- Private social networking on TED.com
- Potential to speak on the TED Fellows or TED University stage
- Potential to have that talk posted on TED.com
- Participation in the SupporTED coaching program
- Full attendance and participation at the Conference
- Submission of a post-conference report
- Regular participation in the TED Fellows community
- Attendance to four additional TED and TEDGlobal Conferences with all expenses paid (travel, room and board)
- Participation in four additional Senior Fellows-centered pre-conference activities
- Potential to deliver a full-length talk on the main stage
- Potential to have that TEDTalk posted online
- Full attendance and participation at four additional TED or TEDGlobal Conferences over two years
- Submission of a post-conference report after each conference
- Regular posting on the TED Fellows Blog
- Hosting a TEDx event for 50+ people
- Giving a talk on the TED Fellows, TED University or main TED stage
TEDGlobal, held annually in Europe, is TED’s twin conference, sharing its format and audience — but with a stronger international approach. Of its 700 attendees, it draws a more global audience and speaker line-up (three-quarters from outside of the US).
For further information, please review the TED Fellows Frequently Asked Questions page HERE.
They are looking for an eclectic, heterogeneous group of young thinkers and doers from the fields of technology, entertainment, design, the sciences, engineering, humanities, the arts, economics, business, journalism, entrepreneurship and NGOs.
At TED, they can take risks on unconventional innovators. They value achievement over credentials — making and doing over merely talking. They are targeting applicants of ages 21-40 from five target regions: Africa, Asia/Pacific, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East. However, anyone over the age 18 from around the world is welcome to apply.
Applications for TED2014 Fellows are due by Friday, June 21, 2013 5:00pm US/Eastern. To apply to become a TED Fellow, please complete the application form AVAILABLE HERE in its entirety. Before beginning the application, please review the applications tips page HERE and the terms and conditions HERE.
In addition to basic details and contact information, the application asks applicants to answer essay questions and provide three references. Applications must be received complete and on time to be considered.
. See the official website HERE for further information.