Student Summer Research Fellowship at ETH Zurich in SwitzerlandFellowship 11.11.2017
The Computer Science Department at ETH Zurich is proud to offer Student Summer Research Fellowship for students from around the world. Fellowships will be competitively awarded every year to a number of applicants with excellent track records and an interest in research.
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- At the beginning and for the duration of the program, at most one year away from completion of their Bachelor’s program or are registered in a Master’s program. Expected graduation date: January 2019 or later;
- At the beginning and for the duration of the program, enrolled in a regular study program in computer science or a closely related field of study (e.g. electrical engineering, mathematics, physics);
- In addition, please note that the duration of the fellowship covers the full two months of July and August. No exams and no travels outside the program.
- Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly stipend of around EUR 1496.16 to cover housing and living expenses;
- Travel and visa expenses will be covered;
- Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Official academic transcript from your home university;
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read;
- A letter of recommendation by an academic referee. The referee can sign the recommendation, scan the letter and mail it directly to: SSR_Fellowship-at-inf.ethz.ch. Note that the reference letter needs to be sent by the referee to the e-mail address, not by the applicant himself/herself. Please indicate in the subject line “reference letter for first name and surname of student”. The deadline for reference letters is 15 February 2018 (12:00 p.m.).
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.