Call for Applications for the Artist-in-Residence-Programme 2019 in AustriaFellowship 26.08.2018
residencies for visual artists, composers, writers, literary translators, art and cultural educators
Description of residency program
In co-operation with KulturKontakt Austria, the Austrian Federal Chancellery makes available 50 residencies in Austria (Vienna and Salzburg) for the year 2019.
Duration of residency
3 months for visual artist and composers, 1 - 2 months for writers and literary translators, 1 month for arts and cultural educators
Disciplines, work equipment and assistance
This call is open to visual artists, composeres, writers, literary translators, art and cultural educators whose permanent place of residence is outside of Austria and who have completed their training.
Accommodation subject to availability, either in an apartment at the Schloss Laudon Parkdependance (14th district), a room in a flat in Vienna’s 3rd or 9th district or an apartment at Salzburger Kunstverein (only for visual artists).
2 studios in Vienna, 1 studio in Salzburg for visual artists
Fees and support
- Contribution to cost of living expenses of € 800 per month. In case of absence exceeding 7 days, a pro-rata share of cost-of-living expenses will be paid.
- One-time contribution to art supplies of € 300 for visual artists and composers.
- The costs of translation for one sample text (no more than 10 pages at 1800 characters each) from a foreign language into German for writers.
- Travel expenses as well as visa fees will not be paid nor refunded.
- Residents will also receive monthly passes for public transport in Vienna or Salzburg for the duration of their stay.
Expectations towards the artist
- A presentation of works may be arranged towards the end of the residency (subject to confirmation).
- Residents may not bring other people (family members, friends, acquaintances etc.) or pets to the residency. Only residents may spend the night at the accommodation.
- Compliance with the house rules of the residency is of the utmost importance.
- Austrian citizens cannot apply for this programme.
- A working knowledge of German or English is required.
- The age limit for applicants is 40 years.
Applications can be submitted as of now until no later than September 30, 2018, 24.00, upon registration at www.artists-in-residence-austria.at. The electronic timestamp will be used to determine whether the submission was within the deadline (Central European Summer Time – CEST).
Applications can be submitted via the platform http://www.artists-in-residence-austria.at/