The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic FellowshipFellowship 24.12.2018
U.S. Embassy Baku is pleased to announce the call for The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship. The Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellowship is an intensive short-term exchange program, created to foster relationships among young Europeans and Americans to build strong linkages and awareness of shared values. The four week program will enable teenagers, ages 16-18, to explore U.S. foreign policy priorities such as youth engagement, support for democracy and civil society, and economic prosperity. The program will consist of a series of lectures, seminar discussions and presentations, and a broad assortment of practical, faculty- and mentor-led workshops. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by community service activities, site visits, social and cultural activities, and homestays with American families to deepen participants’ experience of U.S. society during their exchange.
During the academic residency, participants also will have the opportunity to discuss other topics such as democratic practices, conflict resolution, problem solving, communication skills, critical thinking, tolerance and respect for diversity, youth leadership, team building, and the media. The institute will explore how freedom of expression provides rights to and imposes responsibilities on citizens. Upon their return home, participants will implement service projects in their communities and present an alumni project plan to a youth-serving or youth-centered organization in their home country.
- be born between June 22, 1999, and June 22, 2002 (i.e., be 16, 17, or 18 years of age at the time of the program start);
- be highly proficient in English, as demonstrated in a personal interview or the results of a standardized test;
- be committed to enrolling in high school or university in their home countries in fall 2018, following completion of the institute;
- demonstrate strong leadership potential and interest in transatlantic relations and diplomacy;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have had little or no prior U.S. study or travel experience in the United States;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive summer program, with community service and educational travel;
If you have any questions, please, email to Bakueducation@state.gov
January 15, 2018
Based on application review and interviews, U.S. Embassy will select and nominate one candidate from Azerbaijan.
June and July of 2018 – Program in U.S.