Become a Data Communication Fellow at ForSet!Fellowship 20.08.2019
If you are a journalist, communications specialist, or civic activist from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan and you have experience in working with data, then you should apply for a data communication fellowship at ForSet!
The Data Communication Fellowship is a 1 year-long program that consists of 3 weeks long Tbilisi based training followed by an online mentorship program. During this year fellows will advance their skills in data collection, data analysis, data storytelling, information design, etc. They will be responsible for researching, writing, designing, and publishing data stories under the guidance of ForSet' team. Each fellow will be assigned a mentor that will help them through the process of developing their data stories (stories created during the fellowship will be uploaded on Eurasian Data Stories portal https://stories.forset.ge/en/).
During Tbilisi-based fellowship, fellows will attend DataFest Tbilisi 2019 - 3 days of inspirational talks and workshops, bringing together more than 1000 attendees from media organizations, CSOs, businesses and government agencies to strengthen local community and create a regional one around data, communications, technology and business. Learn more about the DataFest Tbilisi here: https://datafest.ge/
Apply for the Data Communication Fellowship at ForSet if you are interested and and satisfy the following:
- reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work or social activism
- have the demonstrable capacity in data analysis, data journalism, and/or digital communications
- are fluent in written and spoken English
- will be available to spend 3 weeks in Tbilisi in October, November 2019
- are able to participate in an online mentorship program and other activities (online meetups, webinars, conference calls)
- will commit to produce set number of stories during and post Tbilisi visit
- are open and willing to get involved in cross-country collaboration and reporting
- are committed to return to their home country after the fellowship and live there next 12-18 month
- have no political party or religious organization affiliation
Total of 12 fellows will be selected for the program of 2019-2020. Program offers partial and full funding:
- 6 full funded fellows (round trip ticket and a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs in Tbilisi)
- 6 partially funded fellows (covering only round trip ticket).
Please note, that all fellows are expected to pay for their travel insurance.
The deadline for receiving applications is September 8.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to watch provided webinars and take the test based on the information provided in the webinars, fill out a capacity assessment form and submit a story project plan. The selection process will also include interviews with the project team.
For more information about ForSet, please visit: https://forset.ge/
For any program-related questions, please contact Mariam Gamkharashvili at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to apply, .