Call for Applications: Targeted Postdoctoral Fellowships at NIMBioSFellowship 09.04.2020
Since 2009, NIMBioS has provided opportunities for postdoctoral scholarship at the interface between mathematics and the biological sciences. Targeted Postdoctoral Fellowships provide support for specific research questions on projects directed by UT faculty.
The Fefferman Lab is affiliated with the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, the Department of Mathematics, and the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS) at the UT-Knoxville.
The candidate will be welcome to participate in any/all of these communities.
Applications are currently being accepted for a postdoctoral position in mathematical modeling of biological systems at NIMBioS and in the Fefferman Lab at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
This is a full-time, one year position, with the potential for renewal.
- Ph.D. in some pertinent field. Such fields could include, but are not limited to applied mathematics, epidemiology, ecology, evolutionary biology, physics, engineering, or computer science
- Research experience in applied mathematical modeling (epidemiology or evolutionary biology are preferred, but not required)
- Familiarity with at least two of the following mathematical modeling techniques: ODEs, PDEs, SDEs, Game Theory, Cellular Automata, Network Theory, Decision Theory, and Agent Based Modeling
- Ability to write clearly and scientifically (e.g. to produce drafts of papers for publication in scientific journals and web-based public outreach without too much oversight); evidence of successful prior publication is a plus
- Ability to work/communicate with a multidisciplinary team
- Fluency in a mathematical programming environment (preferably Matlab, but Mathematica, R, Python, or equivalent are also acceptable)
you must complete an application on our online registration system:
- Click here to access the system
- Login or register
- Complete your user profile (if you haven't already)
- Find "Postdoctoral Fellowship: Mathematical Modeling of Biological Systems" under Current Events Open for Application and click on Apply
You will be asked to upload a single PDF document, organized as follows:
- Cover letter (1-2 pages)
- Names and contact information for three references
- Full CV
Last Date for Apply– Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
For more information, contact Nina H. Fefferman at email@example.com.