Call for Applications: Atlantic Council Millennium Fellowship 2020Fellowship 26.02.2020
Deadline: 16 March 2020
The Millennium Fellowship is the Atlantic Council’s flagship leadership “accelerator” aimed at equipping young leaders to tackle the defining global challenges of the next generation. Open to rising leaders and innovators from every country and sector, fellows commit to leveraging the program experience to accelerate their own transformation as leaders. Fellows will be at the forefront of the Atlantic Council’s work to promote constructive, international engagement and create a more secure and prosperous world. Through a competitive application process, the Atlantic Council will accept approximately twenty applicants between the ages of twenty-five and thirty-five to join each new class of Millennium Fellows.
The Millennium Fellowship is a two-year, part-time program requiring three weeks of in-person activities and eight hours of virtual activities and distance learning, supplemented by independent fellow-to-fellow work and optional events that take place around the world and throughout the year. As part of this, fellows will participate in two leadership retreats and training seminars each lasting one-week, as well as one “study tour” to the front lines of a global issue. Throughout the program, fellows will join a global network of exceptional peers, have unparalleled opportunities to meet with world leaders at flagship Atlantic Council events, go behind the headlines to explore global challenges up-close and lead the debate on issues that will shape the 21st century.
The fellowships goal is to foster a new generation of leaders to navigate a complex and rapidly changing landscape of challenges in the 21st century. Fellows hold a common belief in the power of constructive international engagement, democracy, human rights, rule-of-law, and sustainability as catalysts for good while bringing a range of policy views from across the political spectrum to discussions on how we address this century’s greatest challenges from climate change to rapid technological disruption to the return of great power competition.
- Join: Join a global network of rising leaders and build life-long relationships through executive retreats and informal events.
- Meet: Meet world leaders and senior experts at flagship Atlantic Council events around the world.
- Discover: Go behind the headlines with study tours to regions on the frontlines of key global trends and learn from top experts through dynamic Master Class sessions.
- Lead: Lead the debate with opportunities to speak, publish, and collaborate.
Millennium Fellowship Dues:
The fellowship program does include:
- Annual dues – $1450 for members of the private sector, and $950 for members of the public, academic, and non-profit sectors.
- Dues cover all flights, lodging, and group meals for both trips during the first year (an estimated total cost of more than $10,000 per fellow).
- The Council offers a limited number of subsidies to cover part or all of the dues for fellows with demonstrated financial need.
- The Council is recruiting exceptional rising leaders thirty-five years old and under from around the world who share a passion for creating a more secure and prosperous world to join the next class of Millennium Fellows.
- Fellows will come from a wide range of backgrounds including policy experts, journalists, elected officials, military personnel, academics, entrepreneurs, executives, community and cultural leaders, and senior government officials.
Application link is HERE
For more information WEBSITE