Call for Applications: Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program 2020 in Asia-Pacific RegionFellowship 28.02.2020
Deadline: 31 March 2020
ADB-JSP scholarships are awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology and other development-related fields
Scholarships are for a period of one to two years and are awarded at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region. Studies in economics, business and management, science and technology and other development-related fields are eligible. The maximum duration of the scholarship award is two years for the MA, MS, & MBA Program. The government of Japan has made clear that it would support only up to 2 years, consistent with similar assistance that it is coursing through other international development institutions.
The initial scholarship period is one year. An appropriate extension for the second year of study shall be conditional on the scholar’s maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by AIT. Extension of scholarships will not be allowed, in principle, beyond the two-year period.
Scholarships may be suspended for a maximum of twelve months or two semesters, if deemed necessary for valid reasons such as health or family reasons.
The total number of scholarship awards is reviewed and set yearly by ADB. Within the total number of scholars, ADB will approve new scholars based upon the recommendation of AIT when incumbent scholars complete studies or withdraw their scholarships.
- national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship)
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at a time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of AIT are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Priority to the ranking, or order of merit, proposed by AIT.
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity. Family income should be not more than USD 50,000 per year and individual income should not be more than USD 25,000 per year.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second MA.
- Candidates who are applying at Designated Institute (DI) in their own country may not be selected.
- Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each DI level will be considered.
- The Program encourages studies in line with core areas of ADB's Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education. Strategy 2020, ADB's strategy, sets ADB's strategic course for its operations to the year 2020.
For more details, please refer to this LINK
The following documents will be required-
- Copy of Degree Certificate and Transcript of 4 years of the undergraduate degree program
- Have an English proficiency score as required by AIT Language Center(IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550)
Work certificate provided by the employer.
- Income statement. If married, please submit the spouse income statement; otherwise, parent income statement
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
Application link is HERE
For more information: WEBSITE