Call for Applications: Commonwealth Medical Fellowships 2020 in UKFellowship 28.02.2020
Deadline: 23 March 2020
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are for mid-career academic medical staff from low and middle-income countries to enhance their clinical skills. Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Medical Fellowships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development. The CSC awards around 750 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
The CSC’s Secretariat is provided by the Association of Commonwealth Universities, based in London; overseas services are provided by the British Council.
To apply for these fellowships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country , or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country eligible Commonwealth country
- Have an academic appointment in an eligible Commonwealth country at one of the medical schools by the World Directory of Medical Schools, employed by a hospital affiliated to the Medical School where you have the academic appointment
- Be available to start your fellowship in the UK between October-December 2020
- Have qualified as a doctor before 1 October 2005
- Have qualified at a medical school recognised by the World Directory of Medical Schools
- Have met the English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) by August 2020
- Have verified your primary medical qualification independently by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for General Medical Council (GMC) registration by 31 August 2020
- Your award is undertaken at an approved UK university hospital
Once received by the CSC, each candidate’s application will be considered firstly by the CSC’s Medical Awards Administrator with expertise in the subject area concerned, and then by the CSC selection committee in competition with other candidates.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the proposal (minimum 200 words)
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
For further details, see the Commonwealth Medical Fellowships 2020 selection criteria
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system. Your application must be submitted to and endorsed by the Dean of the Medical School which you have the academic appointment The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the CSC’s online application system.
Application link is HERE
For more information: WEBSITE