Applications Open for Professional Fellows Program (PFP)!Fellowship 16.03.2020
Deadline: 31 March 2020
Open to: young professionals between the ages of 25 and 35 years old
Fellowship: travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) and YSEALI PFP are sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’, Professional Fellows Division and administered by American Councils for International Education.
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) is a two-way, global exchange program designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, as well as build lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders from foreign countries and the United States. PFP participants are placed in intensive 5-6 week fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices across the United States for an individually tailored professional development experience.
The application for the Fall 2020 Professional Fellows Program is open from February 1- March 31.
American Councils administers PFP under the themes of Economic Empowerment, Governance & Society, and Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
The fall 2020 program will take place in the US from October 13 - November 19, 2020.
To participate in the Professional Fellows Program you must be:
- 25-35 years old;
- A citizen and current resident of either: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
- Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Be a professional fit for the PFP theme that your country participates in
- Governance and Society - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Belarus, Russia
- Economic Empowerment - Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
Each finalist of the program will:
- Work in a full-time fellowship placement in a US worksite dealing with issues relating to his or her work at home. While there fellows will gain first-hand knowledge about US organizations and institutions and build networks and relationships with US counterparts.
- Participate in a fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program.
- Become part of prestigious networks -including YSEALI (for Southeast Asian participants only) and PFP. Alumni will gain access to tremendous resources and an international network of like-minded professionals spanning the globe.
Apply to become a Professional Fellow and travel to the US for six weeks in Fall 2020! The spring program dates are tentatively October 130 November 19, 2020
We are looking for young professionals interested in coming to the US for a one month professional fellowship. Apply online at https://ais.americancouncils.org/pfp. The Deadline is March 31, 2020.
If you have any questions, check the or please write to: email@example.com.