Apply for the Oxford Climate Journalism NetworkFellowship 20.10.2022
Members of the network will participate in a six-month online programme with access to world-leading experts, & much more.
This is a unique opportunity to join a global network, and learn from peers and academics, while developing your own expertise and career in climate journalism.
Applications are open for the third intake of the network, running from January to June 2023. Members of the network will participate in a six-month online programme with access to world-leading experts, dedicated workshops and a community of 100 journalists from all continents.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Join a mandatory 90-minute seminar held every two weeks
- Join the community’s dedicated online platform and engage with other members there
- Join 60-minute optional sessions whenever possible
- Engage with the network’s community, including discussion with colleagues on an online platform, and participating whenever possible in additional activities and events
- Complete three brief questionnaires tracking their knowledge through the process
Who should apply?
The course is designed for reporters from all beats, desks and formats that are interested in improving their coverage of climate change. This course is not only for climate specialists, although they are also welcomed to apply.
The course aims to broaden the scope of climate change journalism. As a result, journalists, multimedia reporters, photographers and editors from beats such as sports, business and politics are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have the written support of their line manager to attend the 12 mandatory sessions and join the rest of the programme.
How do I apply?
You should complete the application form (link below) and provide a signed letter from your editor or newsroom manager confirming you have their support in applying for the Oxford Climate Journalism Network. This letter should explicitly state that your organisation will allocate time for you to participate in the Network activities. This should be in a PDF on company letterhead.
Applications close on 21 October.