Vacancy for Consultant - Campaign Operations Assistant
Avaaz is seeking a Campaigns Operations Assistant to help manage our busy global campaign streams and support our campaigners to ensure campaigns are delivered excellently.
This do-it-all position requires someone with a wide range of skills like tech/internet savviness, writing, campaign support, and project management. Some of the key elements to this role is overseeing email blasting, multi-lingualizing global campaigns, managing member engagement, and being ready to support campaign deliveries on the ground.
It is an exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising public organisations in the world today. It offers a unique platform from which to help develop and pursue large scale social change efforts.
This position will report to a member of Avaaz's campaigns or campaigns operations teams.
- Publishing, reviewing, drafting and editing online content for campaigns, fundraisers, and the Avaaz website.
- Use Avaaz’s in-house technology to set up and send emails to members, and assess and report the results.
- Translating campaign emails and other communications into other languages (if applicable).
- Corresponding with members to resolve questions or concerns.
- Organising campaign actions and logistics, from ad buys to public petition deliveries, and support with general logistical needs.
- Stepping in to support campaigns teams with other needs to ensure the campaigns are successful - from spotting issues we should work on, providing direct support to senior staff, campaign fact-checking, issue research, to email drafting.
- Helping to shape the overall strategic direction of the organisation, and at times supporting other tasks of the organisation including recruitment, team building and management, and special projects.
This is a challenging role that requires hard work, flexibility, good judgment, initiative and an ability to deliver results. The core competencies which any successful candidate will display are:
- Professionalism, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to global justice, citizen empowerment and social change.
- Understanding of how civic advocacy and public campaigning function.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Enthusiasm for a wide range of global issues, and a readiness to move swiftly between them, while being able to rapidly focus in on the details of each.
- Strong strategic thinking and campaign planning skills.
- Solid technical skill and drive to learn and use a wide variety of tech tools and languages.
- Creativity for campaign tactics and strategies.
Fluency in English is a requirement. Additional languages are an asset.
Avaaz is a global organization, with most staff working collaboratively in a "virtual office" environment from four continents; staff can reside wherever they wish. The team also meets for week-long retreats twice per year in different locations around the world.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary varies with location and experience, but is highly competitive with leading non- governmental organizations. Benefits also range with location, but include 5 weeks paid vacation per year. The contract is for an initial four months, with the expectation that a strong performance will lead to a longer term commitment.