Vacancy for Project Manager / Economist (Freelance and remote OR based in Geneva)Freelancer 30.03.2021
PROJECT MANAGER/ECONOMIST – Freelance and remote OR based in Geneva
Horizon Group, a think tank working on the future economy based in Geneva, Switzerland, is looking for one or two interns who want to be part of the highly dynamic and motivated team working on projects delivered for governments, Fortune 500 companies and foundations on economic development strategies, youth development, future of work and future trends, among others.
We are a boutique structure and offer direct interaction with senior leadership and highly qualified project teams and flat hierarchy. We value and produce rigorous research on fast-moving topics that affect our future. This will provide interns with the opportunity to gain insight into how fast-paced knowledge products are led, produced and delivered, learn proposal writing skills and contribute to influencing global debates on key topics.
The Project Manager/Economist will lead projects on behalf of our clients and ensure that they are delivered to highest quality standards, on time and within budget. He/she will develop project plans, align resources, track progress and check quality.
- Plan, execute and finalize projects
- Liaise with clients on requests related to the project
- Ensure deadlines are met, liaise with contributors and ensure quality of outputs
- Schedule and lead project meetings, expert interviews and calls, present progress
- Draft reports, newsletters, summaries, social media posts and other written content on the projects
- Support proposal writing and materials for clients
- 1-3 years work experience in managing complex content/research projects on future of economy and society, youth, future of work, technology, scenario planning, global trends or related topics, preferably gained at a consulting firm
- Strong ability to work in Excel and PowerPoint, solid skills in data analytics and econometrics
- BA in Economics, Economic Development, or related discipline from renowned university
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, incl. content for social media; knowledge of Arabic an advantage
- Starting on: 1 May 2021 or earlier
- We are open to part time emplyoment
- Location: Remotely in the European time zone or physically in Geneva, Switzerland.
Please apply with cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org