Call for Applications: 2020 AoBP ECOS AwardsGrants 23.02.2020
Deadline: 31 March 2020
The AoBP ECOS Awards(Early Career Open Science) aim to promote and celebrate people who are changing science for the better. People who are willing to go against the grain of hype-driven science. Willing to resist cynical citation-chasing. Willing to share their data, code, and ideas. Willing to stand up for those who have been historically excluded or mistreated in science. Willing to publish negative results. Willing to promote others who respect these things.
Rather than spend AoBP’s meager budget paying for booths at conferences and buying email distribution lists, they have decided to reward young people who are changing science for the better!
Individuals can self-nominate or be nominated by others (with the nominee’s agreement).
- You must have been active in research involving plants and the environment within the last two years
- You must be no more than eight years post-PhD
- Scientists of any rank or position are eligible (students, postdocs, technicians, faculty)
AoBP will award USD $3,000 annually to each of up to three early-career researchers.
Nominations must be submitted to email@example.com by 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on 31 March 2020 as a single PDF document, containing the following:
- up to 500 words explaining the nominee’s contributions to open science in the sense described in the preamble above;
- up to five visuals (figures, tables, images, etc.), including captions as needed;
- up to one additional page containing any relevant references and/or URLs;
- the nominee’s full name and contact details, including an email address;
- if the nomination is submitted by someone other than the nominee, include in the PDF a signed acknowledgment by the nominee that they agree to be nominated.
Application is HERE
For more information WEBSITE