Call for Applications: Paul E. Henkin School Psychology Travel GrantGrants 27.03.2020
$1,500 to defer the costs of registration, lodging and travel for student members of APA Div. 16 to attend the APA Annual Convention.
This grant provides support of up to $1,500 to defer the costs of registration, lodging and travel for student members of APA Div. 16 to attend the APA Annual Convention. Student Affiliates in School Psychology (SASP) is a student-led organization for doctoral and specialist students pursuing a career in school psychology. Individual student members as well as university chapters have access to the many benefits of SASP.
Grant monies may not be used for food, drink or any materials that are not included in the registration fee.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- Conformance with stated program goals
- Demonstrated understanding of the field of school psychology, including its demands, research and application opportunities, and the value of continuing professional development for contributing to its advancement
- Applicant’s scholarly accomplishments and potential in this field
- Student membership in APA Div. 16.
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuit of a school psychology career.
- Those receiving any APA travel reimbursement for convention attendance are ineligible
- Completed application form
- 500-word essay with reference to program goals and criteria
- Letter of recommendation