Call for Applications for 2021-22 WISE Edtech Accelerator ProgramGrants 07.04.2021
Qatar Foundation is pleased to launch a call for proposals for the 2021-22 WISE Edtech Accelerator Program to support founders from around the world to build and scale innovative Edtech solutions.
With the support of the community of edtech founders, investors and education stakeholders, they have delivered a bespoke program aimed at providing access to quality mentorship, coaching and a global network focused on changing the way they learn, teach and work.
WISE is an international, multi-sectoral platform for creative thinking, debate and purposeful action. WISE has established itself as a global reference in new approaches to education. Diverse international corporate sponsors of WISE recognize that education is among the most effective long-term investments a nation can make in its economic and social development. The WISE sponsorship program allows the private sector to contribute to education and to help prepare the next generation of leaders for new challenges.
- 3 Bootcamps;
- 100 Introductions to potential partners per cohort;
- 108 Hours of Coaching per venture.
What can you expect from the program?
- Global Network
- Access a community of over 50 Edtech founders from 18 countries;
- Interaction with industry leaders from the private sector, non-profit organisations and government;
- Networking opportunities with potential donors, investors and partners.
- Coaching & Mentorship: A hand-picked team of experts providing founders with support on:
- Marketing, sales & fundraising;
- Product strategy, development and road mapping;
- Market insights and positioning.
- International Visibility: Selected ventures will have the opportunity to attend their international events and promotion on their global platforms including:
- WISE@ forums, previous editions were held in Paris, New York and Beijing;
- WISE social media platforms;
- WISE Summit in Doha, convening over 4000 attendees from 100 countries.
- An Edtech venture established for at least one year;
- Evidence of existing beneficiaries or users;
- Product beyond Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage;
- Evidence of existing revenue;
- A dedicated team.
- All applicants must provide the following:
- Submission of the official online application form, in English;
- A short 3 minute video pitch via YouTube link. The pitch must explain what the Edtech solution is, the problem being tackled, who their beneficiaries are, traction so far and why they are applying for the WISE Edtech Accelerator;
- A product demo via YouTube link or log-in information for the WISE team to assess the product.
Each year, a committee composed of leading experts in education and entrepreneurship will support the WISE Edtech Accelerator team in the selection process. Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- How well the venture addresses the problem that it aims to solve;
- How innovative is the solution is in light of existing ventures worldwide;
- The potential educational impact;
- The potential for growth and scalability.
For more information, visit https://www.wise-qatar.org/wise-works/wise-accelerator