2022 Call for Innovation Partnership GrantsGrants 18.07.2022
- The Call for Innovation Partnership Grants 2022 for projects with non-academic partners in East and Southeast Asia has been launched.
- The application deadline is 31 July 2022.
Grant sum: max. 20 kCHF
Project duration: up to 12 months
Eligible partners: located in China, Japan, South Korea, ASEAN member states. Partners located in Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan are also eligible.
Goals and objectives
The innovation partnership grants support the establishment of a cooperation between Switzerland-based researchers from federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, universities of teacher education, or public research institutes with non-academic innovation agents in China, Japan, South Korea and member states of ASEAN. Agents in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan are also eligible. These agents can be corporates, SMEs or start-ups, innovation parks or similar entities with a focus on applied sciences or technical development.
Specifically, innovation partnership grants can support actitivies such as:
- planning a joint R&D project proposal for submission to a national or international innovation-related funding agency (e.g. Innosuisse)
- establishing long-term consulting or training partnership between two institutions (e.g. management training for an Asian innovation agent conducted by a Swiss university of applied sciences)
- pilot technology or product development activities (e.g. creation of a prototype integrating Swiss knowledge)
- reverse enginnering projects (e.g. extraction of knowledge from Asia for education purposes)
The call is open to all scientific disciplines and fields of research, including social sciences and the humanities.
Postdoctoral scientists, senior scientists and professors of Swiss federal and cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, universities of teacher education, as well as public research institutes, are eligible to apply. The Switzerland-based scientist is the main applicand and must be employed at one of the aforementioned Swiss institutions. Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply as main applicant.
Non-academic innovation agent partners must be senior staff affiliated with a company, start-up, hospital, innovation park or similar agency from the partner country. Universities from the partner country can participate as third parties.
- Call launch: 17 May 2022
- Application deadline: 31 July 2022
- Review process: August-September 2022
- Decision: mid-September 2022
- Earliest project start: November 2022
- Project duration: up to 12 months
The Switzerland-based prospective applicant must apply to ETH Zurich as the Leading House Asia. The submission of the application takes place online and consists of two parts (as stated in the call guidelines):
1. Submission of your application details via the application form online.
2. Upload of your application form with the requested appendices in one single pdf document via the application form online.
Applications that do not follow the compulsory two parts, and/nor respect the one single pdf document guideline will be automatically dismissed.