The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals Academic Year 2023/2024Grants 22.10.2022
Swedish Institute invites applications for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals Academic Year 2023/2024.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development. The applicants should have a clear idea of how their education will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and regions. In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The scholarship is intended for a full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute opens the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester. In order to have a successful application, make sure to be eligible, complete all steps of the process, and that you have the documentation required to finalize your application in time. Please read through the following pages carefully.
The SI Scholarships for Global Professionals covers:
- Full tuition fee coverage.
- Monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel Grant.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help students grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- At the end of the scholarship period, students become a member of the SI Alumni Network
To qualify for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships. However, students do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
- He/she must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- The master’s programmes he/she is applying for must be eligible for SI scholarships.
- He/she must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes before the deadline.
A complete application for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals consists of:
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of students in the application portal)