The Young European Federalists are recruiting a Policy Officer Trainee to work in the European Secretariat of the organisation in Brussels.
- Supporting the Secretariat and the Executive Board in drafting policies
- Assisting the Secretary General with reports and grant management
- Support the Secretariat in the implementation of its daily tasks and the Work Plan for 2016 – Y.O.U.T.H. - Youth for Openness, Unity, Tolerance and Human Rights (international seminars, meetings, etc.)
- Assistance with the LADDER Project where JEF is a coordinator of the YOUTH Path
- Representation of JEF at (press)conferences, seminars, other events in Brussels and creation of reports addressed to the Executive Board of JEF
- Support and coordination of the pan-European actions of the Young European Federalists
- Policy monitoring on themes linked to the strategic priorities of JEF
- Events organization and management
- Voluntary article writing/translation in cooperation with The New Federalist
In line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships (www.qualityinternships.eu), we can only accept applications from young people who can show that they receive financial support (Erasmus placement, regional grants or other national/international scholarship programmes) or who need to carry out an internship as integral part of their University degrees.
All interested candidates should be able to start working in the European Secretariat in Brussels from 29th August 2016 for a period of 3-6 months (the exact dates will be discussed with the successful candidate).
The Young European Federalists will reimburse 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region.
To apply please send your CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy Officer” in the subject line. In your application, please clearly specify the internship grant received, from which institution/foundation/university and for what period.
The internship is in English, however French/Dutch are an asset. Public transportation is reimbursed. The trainee is likely to be travelling at least once outside of Belgium for a seminar/Federal Committee meeting.
The intern has to be residing in one of the countries of the Council of Europe.
Deadline for applications: 14 July 2016 23:59 CET
Interviews are expected to be held in the first week of August in person or via Skype.