Vacancy for Advocacy Intern in Geneva, SwitzerlandInternships 29.11.2016
The World Heart Federation is a global health NGO based in Geneva, focusing on cardiovascular disease (CVD), including heart disease and stroke. We are a small organization creating a big impact in global health, leading an ambitious drive to achieve a 25% reduction in premature CVD by the year 2025. Currently, we are looking for a focused and committed Advocacy Intern to join our dynamic Advocacy Team. We offer experience in a high-achieving, international environment, with opportunities to engage with the World Health Organization and other UN Agencies.
The role will support the delivery of the 2017 Advocacy Strategy, including the following tasks:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the preparation and drafting of WHF policy and research papers, briefs, consultation responses, advocacy publications and communications articles.
- Synthesize reports and summarize documents for internal distribution.
- Attend WHF team meetings, external meetings and webinars, taking notes as required.
- Provide logistical support for external events and meetings, such as the WHO Executive Board and World Health Assembly and engagement with WHF member organizations.
- Provide administrative support in maintaining advocacy team contacts database.
- Support ongoing WHF rheumatic heart disease initiatives, including project work.
- Contribute to preparation and drafting of content for RHD Action website.
- Any other appropriate task, as agreed upon by the supervisor.
- Demonstrated interest in non-communicable diseases (NCDs), global health and development.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English (additional languages a valuable asset).
- Excellent team-working and collaborative skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to innovate, and flexibility.
- Ability to conduct research independently with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Proficient in MS Office, advanced internet literacy.
- Recently completed undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree achieved, with excellent results.
- Talented applicants with an academic background in both humanities and sciences will be considered.
Stipend: 1,000 CHF per month
Contract: The Advocacy Intern will join the team for 6 months at 40 hours/wk, starting from 09 January 2017.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) to Ms. Joanna Markbreiter (Policy & Advocacy Manager) at email@example.com by 05 December 2016. Due to visa limitations, we regret that only Swiss or EU applications will be considered.
Interviews will be conducted from 07-09 December 2016.