Vacancy for Project Executive (Intern) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 24.09.2017
- Job opportunity Project Executive (Intern) - Communications & Outreach (China IPR SME Helpdesk)
- DEVELOPMENT Solutions
- Location: Brussels
- Expiration Date: 11 Oct 2017
DEVELOPMENT Solutions (DS) is a European consultancy and serves the international donor and business community in support of sustainable development and investments objectives, primarily in emerging markets. Our work covers a wide range of fields described within four company divisions, (i) Trade and Economy, (ii) Energy and Environment, (iii) Business support for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and (iv) Human Capacities. This expertise is built on our strong grounding in project design and management requiring research, policy analysis, capacity building and business, public and government relations expertise. Further information regarding our projects and expertise is available at http://www.development-solutions.eu/.
DS is leading a consortium implementing the China and South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesks. These are major EU funded business support service projects for European SMEs, which deliver business-focused and practical advice on IPR protection and enforcement in China and South-East Asia. Services available to European SMEs include through expert Helplines, online portals, industry or IP specific guides and training workshops and other events. Additional information about the Helpdesks can be found at www.ipr-hub.eu.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Project Executive to join our Brussels team and lead communications and outreach activities, new media marketing, event planning, and stakeholder liaison for the China IPR SME Helpdesk. Very good communication and relationship-building skills are a necessity given the need for daily cooperation with business stakeholders, SMEs and project partners. Excellent organisational skills and English writing and editing skills are required.
Internships are paid and are one-year full time. This is not a short term or summer internship scheme; a full position may be available upon successful completion.
Applicants for the Brussels office should have the right to live and work in Belgium, DS is not able to sponsor work permits for Belgium.
Prospective candidates require:
- Undergraduate degree or higher (preferably in International Development, International Relations, Political Science, Business Studies or a related field)
- Excellent English skills in verbal and written communications
- Team player with demonstrated self-management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other programmes
- Strong communication and client servicing skills
- Previous experience in networking, outreach and stakeholder liaison (experience with stakeholders in Europe preferred)
- Reliable and showing initiative, thoroughness and attention to detail
Interested candidates are encouraged to send an application including cover letter and CV to email@example.com and cc. firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate clearly in the subject line of your email: “Job Application for Project Executive (China Helpdesk)” and whether you are currently available for an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The application deadline for this position is October 15, 2017