Vacancy for EU Policy Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 04.11.2018
Application close: 11th of December 2018
Commences: 18 December 2018 – 18 March 2019
Contract Type: Temporary, Full Time (flexible)
Remuneration/ Pay rate: Unpaid
Vocal Europe is a platform that aims to bring into public attention the relevant political, social, and economic issues upon Europe and its neighborhood. Through high quality content and original analyses provided by its contributors, Vocal Europe takes a closer look on developments related to Iran, Israel, Russia, Turkey and Western Balkans. Along with its online platform, Vocal Europe also makes a powerful use of its social media tools- Twitter and Facebook, providing daily commentaries and news on current debates in European affairs. More information at: www.vocaleurope.eu
Vocal Europe is offering three internship positions at its Brussels office. Our interns are an integral part of our team. Team projects are all-hands-on-deck. The interns will get involved in the process of writing publications and articles, and into logistical, administrative, event-planning, and strategic initiatives. The positions are unpaid, but candidates will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, experience, and professional knowledge This internship will also consist of support and assistance in the publication, communication, and advocacy activities of Vocal Europe.
Successful candidates will have a passion for European affairs, an entrepreneurial ethos, and a collegial spirit while also being an effective communicator and enjoying the fast pace of learning and growing in an organization. Having knowledge and interest in the European Union, Iran, Israel, Russia, Turkey and Western Balkans is strongly preferred. Strong writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks are key requirements
For this position, the Candidates:
- Must be a university graduate student, Bachelor, Master or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate interest in the European Union, Iran, Israel, Russia, Turkey, the Western Balkans, and the core mission of Vocal Europe.
- Must possess excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Proficiency in other European language is highly preferred.
- Must be a fast learner, proactive, creative, able to work independently • Must be eligible to work in Brussels on a full-time basis.
Your tasks would include:
- Compose an article each week under the supervision of one of the policy analysts for the publication
- Engaging research efforts for at least two policy papers during the internship for the publication
- Active planning and creation of of social media content of Twitter and Facebook to engage with and grow our audience
- Produce and edit layout and graphics (info-graphics, videos, flyers and so on); assisting to our Monday Talks series with key political figures ;
- Update and maintenance of Vocal Europe’s website;
- Draft and send out newsletters;
- Providing support to the meetings with partners and potential partners including civil society organizations, companies, and think tanks;
Before applying, we encourage applicants to see Vocal Europe’s web-page and our activities in order to familiarize with our working method. The letter of motivation of the candidate should reflect the matters Vocal Europe is involved with. Also, send us your CV to email@example.com with the heading ‘Application for Internship’ before the 11th of December 2018.