Vacancy for European View Research and Editor Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 05.11.2018
European View Research and Editor Internship (m/f)
For this position, the successful candidate is expected to assist the European View Editor-in-Chief and Assistant Editor-in-Chief. The European View is the policy journal of the Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies. It is an intellectual platform for politicians, opinion makers and academics that tackles contemporary themes of European politics, focusing on one specific theme in each issue. The journal contributes to the debate on the most important fields of European and international politics.
Tasks of the position include:
- Identifying article contributors and drafting invitations
- Editing of the articles
- Liaising and communicating with the article authors throughout the editing and proofreading process; ensuring the authors meet the agreed deadlines to submit their contributions
- Liaising and communicating with Springer, the external publisher of the European View
- Being proactive in communicating and promoting the European View to external audiences
- Preparing and managing the launch event(s) of new European View issues
- Performing other tasks related to the general activities of the Centre (research, publications, events)
The position is open to all young graduates with an academic background in European affairs and related fields holding a university degree, fluent in English, fully computer and internet literate and with good knowledge of European politics. Additional educational qualifications, experience in policy research and adequate knowledge of one or two more languages are considered assets.
Internships are remunerated on a level comparable to the internship programmes offered at the European institutions. Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by email at email@example.com to the attention of Tomi Huhtanen, Executive Director. When applying, please mention in the subject-line of the email message ’European View Internship’. The deadline for applications is 30 November 2018. The shortlisted candidate will start in January 2019.